Talk

Advanced search

To not understand Jedward.

(19 Posts)
Karbea Wed 20-Jul-11 22:44:38

I saw them on This Morning the other day, tonight they've been on never mind the buzzcocks and 8 out of ten cats, and I just don't get them, why do people find them funny? Do people actually find them funny? And why are they on the tv so much at the moment.

Am I just being odd? I don't get them??? Can someone please explain them to me???

Happymm Wed 20-Jul-11 22:45:42

Can't, sorry, they are shit grin

iwanttoseethezoo Wed 20-Jul-11 22:46:28

I can't decide whether they are really that stupid, or if it's just a very good act. Sadly i think they are really that stupid.

AgentZigzag Wed 20-Jul-11 22:49:11

We're just watching 8 out of 10 and trying to work out whether their stupidity is an act.

I've not seen them on anything before, but they seem harmless enough.

purpleturtle Wed 20-Jul-11 22:49:41

You laugh at them. Not because they're funny - but because they're laughable. And they probably don't cost much.

AgentZigzag Wed 20-Jul-11 22:49:51

hehe at the x-post, not just us then.

Mollydoggerson Wed 20-Jul-11 22:51:02

That stupid.

Cartoon characters, sad really, the media will suck all their rose tinted crazy smilie energy from them and then they'll become cynical ould bastards like the rest of us. Oh well such is life.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Wed 20-Jul-11 22:52:05

I DD loves Jedward.
I actually feel a bit sorry for them because I do actually think they are a bit dim and the people on the shows they appear on poking fun at them is actually quite cruel when they don't get half of it is no better than bullying.

The way I see it is they get soooo much stick but they are living their dream and loving every minute of it. A friend and I took our dd's to see them live on their UK tour last year and even my friend had to admit that they were brilliant live, they are so energetic and enthusiastic and we had a ball.

mycatsaysach Wed 20-Jul-11 22:53:28

i like them - good luck to them

TakeMeDrunkImHome Wed 20-Jul-11 22:54:38

Watch them on Celebrity Juice. You will feel the need to gouge out your own eyeballs. JEDWARD, yeahhhhh!!!

TakeMeDrunkImHome Wed 20-Jul-11 22:55:05

(Altho if I was that crap and being constantly paid to appear on TV I would do it too!)

Mollydoggerson Wed 20-Jul-11 22:55:48

I suppose they are good clean positive fun for kids and pre-teens, there is not alot of that around.

AgentZigzag Wed 20-Jul-11 23:01:34

Whoever's hiring them gets what they pay for, both in the amount they pay and their style of 'entertainment'.

They're quite vulnerable and bring out the mothering instinct in me grin

Karbea Wed 20-Jul-11 23:05:25

Ok... So they are good clean fun for kids, why are they on late night shows then?
I agree if someone paid me to do it, maybe I would, but I think perhaps they should concentrate on getting a proper career now, they've had their 10mins of 'fame'.

Punkatheart Wed 20-Jul-11 23:22:54

DD loved Jedward and I swallowed my pride and got tickets for one of their concerts. Then that freak snow happened and we got in the car - but couldn't make it. Jeez, I was so grateful.

MsPlaced Wed 20-Jul-11 23:24:50

they are making a tonne of money and are planning on going to college next year. Good fucking luck to them I say, there are far worse z-listers and non-entities clogging up the airwaves, they seem nice but dim and totally harmless.

CleanQueen Wed 20-Jul-11 23:25:54

I'm not sure that Jedward understand Jedward. I watched them on BBC breakfast news the other morning and thought the presenter looked like he was holding himself back from slapping them. They were quite annoying and not suited to the programme. Not my cup of tea yet here I am thinking about them. So their PR works!

bettyboo83 Wed 20-Jul-11 23:26:07

YANBU - I just want to bang their silly quiffs together everytime I see them grin

stickylittlefingers Wed 20-Jul-11 23:33:58

it feels mean to laugh at them. It's not like they're "knowing" in their vacuity. Still, if they're making lots of money from it, I guess we don't have to feel too sorry for them. At least they have each other...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now