Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what fucker stole my recycling bin?

(19 Posts)
Nagini Wed 20-Jul-11 19:58:00

That's what I want to know.

There is one outside my house, but it's not mine. It's shitty and dirty and full of weird crap where some numpty eejit has put normal rubbish not nice clean recycling rubbish in it.

I am cross.

WIBU to ignore the one in the street and ask the council for a new one?

Would it be free?

BibiBlocksberg Wed 20-Jul-11 20:04:40

Was it AnyFucker? grin

AgentZigzag Wed 20-Jul-11 20:07:19

It was probably one of your neighbours, just have a look next time they're put out.

I think you do have to pay to have a new one.

Mitmoo Wed 20-Jul-11 20:09:08

Did you have your number painted on it?

Nagini Wed 20-Jul-11 20:22:46

<mutters something incomprehensible about not having the number on it because I am a bloody moron >

Mitmoo Wed 20-Jul-11 20:24:22

Nagini do you mind if I ROFLMAO thanks.

Nagini Wed 20-Jul-11 20:35:02

I'll have you know that numbers on bins means nothing to these people.

I am looking at a bin from 45 Gordon Road. That's fucking miles away.

catgirl1976 Wed 20-Jul-11 20:37:17

The council stole my bin. I had left it out for a couple of hours over the appointed time because I HAVE A LIFE and was not at home so they CONFISCATED it and charged my £60 for a replacement. I went a bit Daily Mail about that tbh

SchrodingersMew Wed 20-Jul-11 20:41:02

If it's just normal rubbish why not don a pair of big rubber gloves and see if there are any letters in there? Anything with their address, even junk mail.

If there is go round and nick yours back. grin

Nagini Wed 20-Jul-11 20:45:16

The council stole your bin? No way! angry how did you know it was them catgirl ?

Ironically I am the only person on this street who actually takes their bin back onto the property, the rest of them leave them out and I can never park outside my house where there is no bin to squeeze past and I park down the road and people have to rub against my car because of the bastard bins being left in the street except for today when mine has been stolen!

NerfHerder Wed 20-Jul-11 20:45:41

Blimey- I used to live in the next street to Gordon Road! It's not me though- mine have the numbers and street on them.

catgirl1976 Wed 20-Jul-11 20:46:51

Nagini - I rang up to say it had been nicked and could I apply for a new one - and they said "oh - it was not within the boundary of your property the day after colleciton so we have confiscated it and you must pay for us to replace it - which by the way will take up to 2 weeks, during which time you will have no bin at all." FECKERS.

fatandknackered Wed 20-Jul-11 20:47:38

I saw someone walking down my street with a brown wheelie bin this morning - it wasn't brown bin day - after reading these posts I realise he was maybe nicking it!

Any of you missing one?

AfternoonsandCoffeespoons Wed 20-Jul-11 20:56:09

blush well I seem to have gained a recycling bin (well, green box actually but hey). It somehow ended up in my front garden last week. Definately only put 1 out in the morning but got home to find 2! So somebody in my street is probably cursing me the same way. blush

Maat Wed 20-Jul-11 21:50:05

I live in a cul-de-sac with lots of retired neighbours.

Bin day is the highlight of their week.

The bins are put out up to 24 hours before. All stood neatly in lines. Handles pointing in the right direction. All with beautifully painted or stickered numbers.

Ours is always put out just as the binmen are coming down the street. Usually by me in my dressing gown blush

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 20-Jul-11 21:55:27

Maat I'm exactly the same, I can be usually found at the crack of dawn every Thursday Morning waking all my neighbours, dragging my wheelie bin down the several huge steps of my front garden. In my dressing gown. I try to do it as late as possible because sometimes the nice binmen take pity on me and do it for me!

Maat Wed 20-Jul-11 22:14:29

Well ABF - you obviously look a lot more appealing to the binmen in your dressing gown than I do! grin

SunRaysthruClouds Wed 20-Jul-11 22:14:35

Sorry Nagini I confess it was me.

Someone on youtube recently showed how easy it is to put cats in them so I thought I could sort out the neighbourhoods gang of crapping moggies. I'll pop it back in the morning. It might have 135 cats in though.

StayingNearlyHeadlessNicksGirl Wed 20-Jul-11 23:22:26

One of our neighbours has made off with our brown garden waste wheely bin. Dh put it out, and it had vanished by the time he got home, and he swears blind he's seen it round the back of their house. I have suggested that he simply knock on the door and suggest they took it by accident, and ask for it back, but he thinks nicking it back is a better idea - not that he has actually got round to implementing this fiendish plan, ohhhh no. So all our garden waste is going in the ordinary bin, and I have rung the council for a new one - and heaven alone knows when that will arrive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now