Talk

Advanced search

to want DS1 moved to a different class?

(7 Posts)
cherryburton Wed 20-Jul-11 18:21:42

DS1 is 4, he's doing his last day of term in reception tomorrow.

He came home tonight with three big scratch marks down the side of his neck which have broken the skin. He says that A did it.

He came home last Friday night with a scratch on his eye, he still has a scab and it's about a millimetre from the edge of his eyelid, he appears to have been lucky that his eye wasn't hurt. Apparently A did that too, he grabbed the skin by his eye and nose, dug his nails in and twisted. These aren't superficial scratches, they're deep. I've not heard any of this from the school, although DS says that he told the teacher. I don't know if am overreacting at the moment because he's only just come home and I'm bloody livid that twice in four days he's come home hurt by this kid.

To make things worse, the class he's in now gets split up and divided into three, and they merge with the year above. DS has been split up from his friends and put in a class with A. I'm wondering if there's time to get DS moved into one of the other classes so he's not with this boy all the time.

AIBU? I'm really not sure, because I'm really angry and sad and maybe not being rational...

DontCallMePeanut Wed 20-Jul-11 18:29:54

Talk with the headteacher. It may be possible to get his class changed, and I don't think you're being U for asking to do so. Also, re-address the issue of the scratches. It may be that he hasn't told the teacher, or she hasn't seen them and misjudged the severity of the situation. Hope this gets sorted for you; I'd feel the same if it was my DS.

worraliberty Wed 20-Jul-11 18:32:51

You need to talk to the teacher anyway to find out what's going on between your DS and A.

As for moving class, is it actually happening in class, or in the playground?

alowVera Wed 20-Jul-11 18:47:55

I'd talk to teacher tomorrow and find out what happened.

Chances are by September they'll have both forgotten all about it.

cherryburton Wed 20-Jul-11 18:56:06

I just asked him and he says both times it's happened in the playground. I'm going to have a word with the teacher tomorrow if I can and see what she says. I suppose A might have grown out of it by September - he better! I expect my son to come home in the same physical state as I send him in the morning...

cherryburton Wed 20-Jul-11 18:56:44

(Well, hopefully a bit more tired than when he left but otherwise unharmed!)

Nanny0gg Wed 20-Jul-11 19:28:02

I would also be asking the teacher why you weren't spoken to after school with some kind of explanation of these injuries. I think leaving your son to tell you about them is wrong.
And if it is happening at playtime you need to be told what is being done to keep the children safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now