Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To Be Disgusted With Myself?

(75 Posts)
LeQueen Wed 20-Jul-11 14:51:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoMeDon Wed 20-Jul-11 14:53:46

YABU - if a few lbs makes you that unhappy it's more than weight.

thestringcheeseincident Wed 20-Jul-11 14:55:27

I'm the same. We had a big party a few weeks back which I was really good in the run up to. Now I'm just troughing everything. I'm blaming the rain!

Ealingkate Wed 20-Jul-11 14:56:41

I am going through the same, with a little pep talk to myself each morning about muesli and apples, which then obviously turns into chocolate and wine. I think a visit to a hynotist is in order.

LeQueen Wed 20-Jul-11 14:58:23

LeQueen Wed 20-Jul-11 14:59:32

Ealingkate Wed 20-Jul-11 15:00:34

Would you like us to take a hard line approach with you LeQ?

DoMeDon Wed 20-Jul-11 15:01:47

It was the 'disgusted' with yourself - appreciate it was just AIBU melodrama wink

I blame the rain too.

Ealingkate Wed 20-Jul-11 15:03:33

Would you like to check with this thread before you eat whatever offending morsel you have in your sights??

Ealingkate Wed 20-Jul-11 15:03:58

Oh bugger school pick up time!!

ledkr Wed 20-Jul-11 15:05:11

Ah le queen i am feeling similar with my 2 stone of flabby baby weight and she is 5 months now so wont be going without effort.
Right,you wont change much in a week so why not eat plenty of fruit and water till then for a diuretic effect {or take some aqua ban) and have a fake tan/nails/hair or whatever you think will distract from the podge.Make the best of it iyswim.Have a nice hoilday x

LeQueen Wed 20-Jul-11 15:09:27

FlubbaBubba Wed 20-Jul-11 15:34:10

LeQueen it's a toughy and I sympathise!

I was really crap about watching what I ate, until I stood on the scales and saw it saying 12 stone shock shock blush. That, combined with three or four people asking me if I was pregnant (while holding my then 4m old confused hmm) pushed me into doing something - nothing too drastic, but mainly I just cut down on my portion sizes (also read a thread on here not long ago about someone using 500g of mince to make a bolognaise that lasted at least two meals for five people - ours lasts one meal for DH and me, and our two pre-schoolers blush). also tried to snack on fucking fruit or carrots. I've lost just under one stone since I started watching portion size a month ago.

Ealing what is a 'Bugger School' ? shock wink grin

LeQueen Wed 20-Jul-11 15:46:13

InfestationofLannisters Wed 20-Jul-11 15:50:05

I can't see what the problem is. Ten pounds or so doesn't really show on an adult woman. I was probably that much heavier in the later stage of pregnancy with my second DC but only had to go up one size in jeans to a 12. And I'm not being smuggy giving the specifics, it's in case someone reads and thinks, "oh well if you are a size 28 then of course you won't notice three quarters of a stone"

Weight itself is a very debatable way of measuring size and appearance. Suppose you were more toned? The muscle would weigh more but you would be smaller in terms of inches.

Unless you are only three foot tall, LeQ I wouldn't worry grin

FlubbaBubba Wed 20-Jul-11 15:50:50

I'm also 5ft 7 and now just under 11st 2, so planning on keeping going but By God I Hate fucking Fruit & Veg!! smile But, like you, I just felt shit and was used to being slim (pre-babies), but the fat bugger babies I've had have seen me balloon.

I hate exercise and I love carbs. Not sure the next stone is going to be as easy to shift, but I'll have to buy a new wardrobe (that doesn't include maternity clothes) if I want to stay at this weight, so it's going to have to fall off!! grin

fotheringhay Wed 20-Jul-11 15:53:26

Long-term, this website is brilliant: http://www.eatingless.com/archive-newsletters.html
There's a book, but also a lot in these newsletters (i.e.free).

Short-term, can you get hold of Caitlin Moran's new book? Her chapter on being fat might help you worry less about it.

Or, have the stomach bug I had on Monday night, and lose four pounds in three hours (it wasn't worth it!)

MissPenteuth Wed 20-Jul-11 15:54:06

Cut back on carbs, particularly in the evenings.
Do you exercise? If you happent o have the Shred DVD, do it every morning.
Go for a longish, brisk walk every afternoon and/or evening.

It won't make a huge difference in a week, but it would cut down on bloating, maybe shed 1lb or 2, and tone you up a bit.

GandTiceandaslice Wed 20-Jul-11 15:54:35

I am similar LeQueen.
I am currently trying to stop the midless eating by drinkling lots of black coffee & cleaning my teeth/having sugar free mints.
I am 5'2" & lost 2 and a half stone. I have put at least a stone back on. Gah.

It's all my fault. I am greedy!

SarahStratton Wed 20-Jul-11 15:57:01

Slight sidetrack so apologies LeQ, but how on earth do you stretch 500g of mince to last that long?

I use that much for me and the DDs confused

celebmum Wed 20-Jul-11 15:57:30

LeQueen we could be twins! I was just typing up pretty much the exact op too! grin

Were going away in a few weeks and I too could do with losing about 10lb to get myself holiday confident! I had DS last year and am struggling to shift the weight.. (5'6 and 11st 4lb)
I'm dreading going away, I don't feel ready to get my body out at all and the thought of being photographed in my bikini makes me feel sick!blush

<stays glued to thread for tips!>

FlubbaBubba Wed 20-Jul-11 16:00:18

I know SarahStratton I was shocked too! confused I suppose bulking it up with vile vegetables and having the kind of portion sizes that only The Makers Of Ready Meals can visualise grin

SarahStratton Wed 20-Jul-11 16:02:01

It can't really be possible. We'd need thirds or fourths seconds.

encyclogirl Wed 20-Jul-11 16:04:50

Do you run? Could you bring yourself to run? Running makes you skinny. Fact.

I'm doing Couch to 5k right now (on week 9) I've lost 12 of the 18lbs I've been grappling with for over a year.

I won't lie, it's not easy to get going, but once your going it's fab! I have a bit of previous with running (couple of half marathons etc), but I only started running when I was 41 (45 now).

I can't recommend it enough.

Plus, and this is huge. Once you get the weight down, as long as you keep running you can eat whatever the hell you like.

SupermassiveLBD Wed 20-Jul-11 16:06:50

LeQueen, you could try a new hobby to keep your mind off food...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now