Talk

Advanced search

to think my db has turned into a groomzilla

(39 Posts)
qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:36:24

arghhhh! Just quietly biting my tongue is hard work. I thought it was only women who got like this but he has really turned into someone very materilisitic and big headed!

FetchezLaVache Wed 20-Jul-11 14:37:04

Come on, come on, you know us better than that. Details, please!

OTheHugeManatee Wed 20-Jul-11 14:40:33

Details please. Comedy scenarios. Grabby lists. Come on, dish the dirt grin

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:44:57

OK! in no particular order:
Telling other db that 'a certain calibre of person always wears cufflinks'
Won't wear certain clothes because they are 'too middle class'
Can't stop mentioning that some Important People will be at the wedding (his future FIL's bosses)
After conversation about nerves in which I said that once they start the vows it will just feel like him and gf and nothing else will matter that' it was different for you as your wedding was 'low-key'' (they have hired stately home type venue)
Leaving other db v out of pocket after stag-do
Basically losing site of the fact that he is getting married in excitment of big showing-off opportunity and vast amount of his future PILs money spent!
We are a very teasing family and it's so hard not responding to these things!

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:45:38

sight blush not site

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:46:35

Oh and best of all going on pre-wedding holiday to get a tan!

MrSpoc Wed 20-Jul-11 14:47:14

Tell him to stop spending other peoples moeny and pay for it himself.

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:47:40

He has the same job as me and other db if that makes any difference.

Pootles2010 Wed 20-Jul-11 14:48:23

What calibre of person always wears cufflinks? Is this one of those new class indicator thingies? Like having electric gates? confused

honeybehappy Wed 20-Jul-11 14:49:43

why would it make a difference that you all have the same job?? confused

CQrrrneee Wed 20-Jul-11 14:50:44

why are they inviting PIL's bosses to their wedding? hmm

MrSpoc Wed 20-Jul-11 14:50:55

It easy to showw off when its not his own money he is spending. Nothing worse than a snob who cannot even afford the things he is snipping about.

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:51:55

I mention jobs in relation to the calibre of person comment - in that he appears to think that he is now an 'upper class' person unlike the rest of us.

Pootles2010 Wed 20-Jul-11 14:53:42

Because his PIL's are paying for it CQ therefore it is there opportunity to show off.

MrSpoc Wed 20-Jul-11 14:56:52

What does he do?

CQrrrneee Wed 20-Jul-11 15:00:47

your db has no shame!

DoMeDon Wed 20-Jul-11 15:04:28

If you're a mickey taking bunch I'd lay into him - have some fun - he deserves it grin

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 15:08:06

Isn't 'not the done thing' to tease about wedding plans, a bit like baby names etc>?

MrSpoc Wed 20-Jul-11 15:10:54

What???

DoMeDon Wed 20-Jul-11 15:11:35

No - if he's being a twat call him on it, no wedding immunity here!

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 20-Jul-11 15:12:56

'Not the done thing' my a*se - get stuck in or lose him to twattishness forever.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 20-Jul-11 15:18:11

You'd be doing him a favour OP - reel him back in before he disappears up his own backside.

I don't understand how some people think that the acquisition of someone else's money somehow magically alters their class. He is of the same class as you.

I'm all for teasing and agree no wedding immunity.

NotADudeExactly Wed 20-Jul-11 15:18:26

Umm, you could perhaps point out to im that being upper class in Britain is still very much a question of birth rather than money - especially money owned by people other than oneself. That would be rather mean, of course!

Alternatively I suggest videotaping his antics and selling the footage as the basis of some new reality show. With the royalties from that you will once more achieve the same class status as him.

He sounds inadvertently hilarious, sorry!

smallwhitecat Wed 20-Jul-11 15:20:03

Message withdrawn

MrSpoc Wed 20-Jul-11 15:21:28

Who's money is it? Your mum & dads or His? If it's your mum and dad's are you not pissed off how he is lording it up on their money? and at the same time looking down his nose at you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now