Talk

Advanced search

to be angry at talk talk

(6 Posts)
BobbaFettBountyHunter Wed 20-Jul-11 14:35:36

for passing me to pillar to post and taking out direct debits without authorisation and charging for services I don't use? Has anyone else had problems with them?

stoatie Wed 20-Jul-11 15:29:40

they are crap - known in our house as Shite Shite - and thankfully we are no longer with them

Dakiara Wed 20-Jul-11 16:01:29

Yeah, but only when I cancelled. They took two extra payments before I realised (had expected the last payment to be the month during which I changed suppliers) and cancelled the direct debit. Apparently they are notorious for this. I then had an email with the whole "we will take this further unless you pay" malarky, followed by three months of chasing them to try and get the money (finally) paid into the account. And another two weeks to get the itemised bill that I had requested detailing the refund amounts.

HappySeven Wed 20-Jul-11 16:18:38

I had horrendous problems with them and ran up huge mobile bills trying to sort it out while I got passed from person to person. The only way it got solved was when I asked to speak to the cancellation team as I wished to leave. They seemed alot more capable and got the line sorted. When we moved we had to stay with them (it was the only way as we were partway through a contract) and it all happened smoothly but the first experience was awful. Good luck!

pubquizhurtmybrain Thu 21-Jul-11 02:05:11

I had a terrible time with them. When we bought our house it had no land line so spoke to Talk Talk and they agreed to put line in for free and we signed up to calls and internet with them.

They sent us our hub and said we were ready to go. When I rang them to explain they had not installed land line they said it would be £140 I said 'no thank you' and cancelled contract, they were fine with this.

We then got first months bill, for £x charges for calls made?!! we had no phone!! Phoned them again, they assured us it was cancelled... anyway this went on for 2 months and then we started getting letters from debt recovery people shock

Anyway about £50 worth of mobile calls to them later they sorted it and I demanded they sent written confirmation of the cancellation andwritten confirmation I owed them £0.

Horrible company would never deal with them again.

Bogeyface Thu 21-Jul-11 02:10:39

They are crap.

They are cheap but there's a reason for that. Cancel asap, and that will be a whole new saga as the Dak posted about above.

We are with sky and for telephone and broadband they have been great, we have had issues with the TV (paying for 18 months for HD that it turned out the engineer hadnt connected, no wonder we couldnt tell the difference and thought HD was all hype hmm), but they were sorted fairly quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now