Talk

Advanced search

To reap "revenge" on a friend?

(9 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Wed 20-Jul-11 12:48:15

When I was due to give birth to my first child, I was bombarded with texts every other day from about two weeks before the due date from an acquiantance (not even a close friend) asking "Has it happened yet? / Have you had it yet? / Are you in labour yet?" and the like. It was constant! And whilst I can understand that she was excited for me, which is sweet, "well-meaning" doesn't always equate to "not irritating", does it? Particularly as I had made it clear to her that I was of the mindset that baby could be two weeks late, and that I would let HER know if there were any developments.

Now - her first child is due very soon. Should I bombard her in the same fashion to her her how irritating it is grin , or should I set an example and wait for her announcement?

Pootles2010 Wed 20-Jul-11 12:49:32

Nah she sounds baby obsessed, she'd probably love it.

Summerbird73 Wed 20-Jul-11 12:50:38

oh go on do it! i got these too, the best one was a friend texting saying

Her 'is the baby here yet'
Me 'no not yet'
Her 'oh i thought you would have had it by now'
Me 'well i can assure you i havent'

hmm

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Wed 20-Jul-11 12:50:51

grin

tempting though it is, you should really set an example.

she'll be looking up to you on all matters related to babies as yours is that bit older than hers so you should try to do the right thing really!

cheesesarnie Wed 20-Jul-11 12:54:21

do it.

my answer was always 'any minute now,mind out!'

JanMorrow Wed 20-Jul-11 12:54:25

I got those texts, I tried to see it as friendly concern/excitement but I got the most from a woman I'm not really that close to.. I was like.. err what's it got to do with you? But just replied with "not yet!!" every time. I literally got a text every day from her asking from a week before due date until a week after (when I finally gave birth). Strange woman.

cupidsabsolutepsyche Wed 20-Jul-11 12:58:25

Ohhh i'd be so tempted to do it, this made me very cross! DD was bang on time but it didn't stop DM and DMIL, AND all my friends calling or texting every 2 bloody minutes day from about two weeks before she was due.

COME ON, WHERE'S THE BABY??

grin grin

33goingon64 Wed 20-Jul-11 13:05:14

Set an example by not texting her. When she contacts you to say the baby has come, say 'great news. I knew you would let me know, that's why I didn't keep asking' and see if the penny drops... I made my feelings very clear to family and friends that I would let them know and they weren't to keep asking. Seemed to work.

nocake Wed 20-Jul-11 13:08:09

Wreak revenge.... not reap revenge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now