Talk

Advanced search

to ask you to donate to UNICEF's East Africa FAMINE appeal?

(6 Posts)
TartyMcFarty Wed 20-Jul-11 09:02:30

Was listening to an item on the radio this morning. A representative from UNICEF said the charity was short of donations, probably due to lack of publicity because of the hacking scandal.

They are taking out ads in the national press today, I believe. You can donate £10 really easily by texting 70099.

LineRunner Wed 20-Jul-11 09:07:53

There's number too to text just £5. It got about 1 second of air time thanks to James Murdoch so I missed it.

If anyone knows it, please post.

Zimm Wed 20-Jul-11 09:07:56

YANBU - BUMP

knittedbreast Wed 20-Jul-11 10:40:34

i cant afford £10. i thought they already gave them like £5 million the other week? (not saying they dont need it in anyway)

is there a way you can donate a smaller amount monthly instead?

Is Unicef the chairty they found that wasnt actually giving the money to the cause?

AKMD Wed 20-Jul-11 10:42:29

YANBU but the DEC website narked me right off when it said 'there's no way to tell when a disaster will strike' - ummmm, so what's the UN early warning system about then?

TartyMcFarty Wed 20-Jul-11 11:07:21

Yes, on the website you can specify your own amount. Don't know about the other stuff, just don't want to do nothing even if I do risk sounding smug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now