Talk

Advanced search

to be a tiny bit miffed at ceiling banging?

(20 Posts)
BatmanLovesRobin Tue 19-Jul-11 22:34:38

I am in my lounge (DH asleep in bed). I was watching telly on a very very low volume so I didn't disturb anyone, but obviously it must vibrate through the floor still as the woman below me has just banged on the ceiling (my floor).

I just found it incredibly rude. Whenever I see her (very rarely) I check we don't make too much noise. She always says she used to live in fear next to a neighbour who banged on the wall at every sound her kids made, and she would never do that. So I'm a bit hmm at tonight's banging.

I would never bang on my floor if I could hear her - I would go down and knock on the door and tell her face to face. It's not like we party every night - usually I'm in bed by now, and I really did have the TV on the lowest possible setting.

Grrr.

squeakytoy Tue 19-Jul-11 22:35:51

Is she ok? could she be banging for help?

BatmanLovesRobin Tue 19-Jul-11 22:40:29

Don't think so - I just heard voices, so I'm guessing New Man is staying over. Perhaps he is wearing Grumpy Pants tonight...

inatrance Tue 19-Jul-11 22:42:51

I'd call round all concerned, then say "oh my goodness are you ok? I heard you banging and thought you were hurt"

Then smile sweely.

wink

FabbyChic Tue 19-Jul-11 22:43:05

Id ignore them, it's rude you are allowed to make an acceptable amount of noise, lets hope you don't hear them shagging.

SomethingProfound Tue 19-Jul-11 22:45:42

Perhaps they are installing a sex swing?

worraliberty Tue 19-Jul-11 22:45:55

It's a pretty poor show if she's got a new man staying over and she's worried about the noise of your TV...I would have thought you'd be turning it up to drown their noise out grin

worraliberty Tue 19-Jul-11 22:46:26

Profound grin

LynetteScavo Tue 19-Jul-11 22:47:11

May be she is doing something, luck changing a lightbulb.

If you are making no noise, then why would she bang. If she is banging narkily, then I would start dancing with the music turned up. Regularly. grin

CQrrrneee Tue 19-Jul-11 22:49:21

my neighbour bangs on the wall at the ds's. He is a twat who lacks tolerance and swears at his wife - we have thin walls. When dh and I ask him why he was banging he pretends that he doesn't know what we're talking about and suggests that his 10 year old dd was banging instead. hmm . Typical bully - spineless.

IvyAndGold Tue 19-Jul-11 22:49:22

pmsl @ profound grin

CQrrrneee Tue 19-Jul-11 22:49:51

<waves at Lynette>

CQrrrneee Tue 19-Jul-11 22:50:29

<just realised I've namechanged so Lynette may not know who I am> grin

BatmanLovesRobin Tue 19-Jul-11 22:51:23

rofl @ profound.

I wish I'd've gone down when the bang happened. It does make me feel pretty harrumphy towards her now. It almost makes me want to get the TV fixed so I can watch proper telly (can only watch DVDs on it at the mo). At a volume I can actually hear properly!!

LynetteScavo Tue 19-Jul-11 22:51:47

No idea who you are, CQrrrneee grin

<waives back anyway>

valiumredhead Tue 19-Jul-11 22:53:51

Are you sure they weren't shagging? grin

BatmanLovesRobin Tue 19-Jul-11 23:06:06

Blimey, if they were shagging they're certainly very acrobatic!

HowlingBitch Tue 19-Jul-11 23:11:16

I suggest sticking this on and pointing the speakers downwards. Give her something to complain about. smile

<Coughs> It used to work for me...

valiumredhead Tue 19-Jul-11 23:18:37

Are you sure it wasn't the head board banging against a wall rather than her banging on the ceiling?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 19-Jul-11 23:30:17

Does she have a chandelier? Could New Man have been wearing a leopardskin leotard under his usual garb? wink

Almost 11.30pm - isn't it about time you hoovered your living room floor grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now