Talk

Advanced search

to think that these recent posters in AIBU about weight are attention seeking idiots fishing for compliments?

(91 Posts)
TheOriginalBanshee Tue 19-Jul-11 21:05:05

Have they never heard of BMI? Surely they know they are slim as they must need to buy small sized clothes. Then why the need to post a boo hoo tale of woe is me to incite a load of sympathy posts that read YANBU you are soooooo skinny....wish I was that skinny......I'm sooooooo fat! And no, I do not have a weight problem at either end of the scale. I'm just sick of this body pananoia. Pull yourselves together women, for God's sake! Enough of this wallowing and whining about what your DP or DM said. Grow up- you have children now. Set a better example to your own daughters and shut up about your weight. Take a deep breath and let us ALL EAT CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheSnickeringFox Tue 19-Jul-11 21:08:19

<tucks in>

AgentZigzag Tue 19-Jul-11 21:08:41

Stop wallowing and whining.

If you don't like them, hide the threads.

TheOriginalBanshee Tue 19-Jul-11 21:10:04

Errr, I think you'll find that I am not wallowing or whining....they are.....I am merely ranting.

MitchiestInge Tue 19-Jul-11 21:12:34

I would quite like some cake actually. Or a biscuit.

hairfullofsnakes Tue 19-Jul-11 21:14:10

Im off to eat chocolate...

skinny minnies will not beat me!

but I will do a 5 mile run tomorrow...

where is the chocolatttttteeeeee!

Lady1nTheRadiator Tue 19-Jul-11 21:14:31

YANBU

'I am 6 stone and 8 feet tall, am I fat do you think?'

Naval gazers are only marginally less annoying than people who take coke.

Bohica Tue 19-Jul-11 21:16:30

Just because someone doesn't sound fat or maybe not look fat that doesn't mean they don't feel fat.

I am assuming this is a thread about a thread?

TheOriginalBanshee Tue 19-Jul-11 21:17:37

Or: I am 5 stone 6 ft tall. DP says I'm too curvy. Shall I book lipo or go for gastric band?

MissVerinder Tue 19-Jul-11 21:17:40

Probably. I'm a big fat fattie, but i'm also bloody gorgeous.

Therefore I would imagine that others have the same aesthetic awareness unless they have serious ishoos in which case they probably wouldn't be posting in AIBU.

TheOriginalBanshee Tue 19-Jul-11 21:19:05

It's a thread about lots of threads. I totally get the 'feeling fat' thing. But unless you have a serious body dysmorphia problem, most people would know whether or not they are over weight or underweight.

MissVerinder Tue 19-Jul-11 21:19:08

If this is a thread about a thread, the poor thing has had her perception warped and distorted so I retract my previous comment.

I'm still hotter than hell, though.

TakeMeDrunkImHome Tue 19-Jul-11 21:20:23

In fairness I think you can spot the made up/attention seeking ones from a mile off. Just because a person has stats that make most people envious or if not envious, wondering why they have a problem with themselves, doesn't mean that the OP can't have poor body image. Don't we all want to change at least some parts of ourselves if we could?

TheOriginalBanshee Tue 19-Jul-11 21:20:24

they do have serious ishoos MissVerinder- they are navel gazing attention seekers that need a fat slice of cake in their cake hole

TakeMeDrunkImHome Tue 19-Jul-11 21:21:36

I know which post this OP relates to and I did go a bit hmm but if she felt undermined and it was affecting her self esteem and in turn her body image, she wasn't UR to post and ask. It wasn't like "i'm soooo bang tidy but my DP said I could stand to lose 1/2lb, what do you think".

smartyparts Tue 19-Jul-11 21:21:55

I have to say, these threads have made me feel very fat as everyone my height (5'7) seems to be at least 2 stone lighter than me sad.

I'm a size 12 btw

MitchiestInge Tue 19-Jul-11 21:22:30

I don't know, I don't have body dysmorphia but can never tell whether I'm actually very fat, just a bit fat or more or less ok. Fitting into small sizes doesn't mean much when those sizes are so much bigger than clothes with same label bought twenty years ago!

But I know it is not supposed to matter too much. So pass the cake.

TakeMeDrunkImHome Tue 19-Jul-11 21:22:35

Fuck, I sound "right on". I never sound right on. I clearly need another bucket sized small glass of wine and some profiteroles.

MissVerinder Tue 19-Jul-11 21:22:36

Banished you're a wicked one.

Speaking of cake....

MissVerinder Tue 19-Jul-11 21:22:55

Or even banshee

TheOriginalBanshee Tue 19-Jul-11 21:23:37

It was done in a jokey 'what's everyone else's weight like darlings? I'm supermodel thin and my partner calls me chubby ha ha' Sneaky....

TakeMeDrunkImHome Tue 19-Jul-11 21:24:50

I'm thinking of the wrong thread then. <tightens belt on size 16 dressing gown and doesn't give a monkeys left nut>

MissVerinder Tue 19-Jul-11 21:25:00

Aaah. Getcha.

Now stop hogging the cake.

TheOriginalBanshee Tue 19-Jul-11 21:25:09

Ok cake and wine all round grin

MitchiestInge Tue 19-Jul-11 21:26:03

maybe coke and wine would be better for waistline actually

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now