Talk

Advanced search

My otherwise lovely mate has just posted this on FB:

(101 Posts)
RealityAlt0174 Tue 19-Jul-11 18:44:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EndoplasmicReticulum Tue 19-Jul-11 18:45:26

Delete them.

I have thinned my FB "friends" considerably by this method.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 19-Jul-11 18:45:38

YWNBU to do all but unless you want a bun fight I would leave off the last bit.

worraliberty Tue 19-Jul-11 18:45:50

Oh I saw that on FB this morning

What a load of old bollocks

perplexedpirate Tue 19-Jul-11 18:46:16

Oooooh, I hate FB for this kind of shite!

IME you can't win this one. Ignore it and disengage, just don't respond or something. At the max, type 'dislike' or something...
If they have such ridiculous beliefs you will NOT change it, all you'll do is end up in some kind of bonkers debate about it.
Rise above it.

This is why FB is bollocks. All reasonable people post on AIBU instead. hmm

Racism / smidges thereof, certainly do bring the headbangers out of the woodwork!!

BeerTricksPotter Tue 19-Jul-11 18:48:28

Lizzylou Tue 19-Jul-11 18:49:40

I have culled a few eejits after status updates along those lines.
Ignorant fools.

RealityAlt0174 Tue 19-Jul-11 18:49:46

hissingsid Tue 19-Jul-11 18:52:33

To get that much as a single parent is not right, I am more concerned about that to be honest......................

RealityAlt0174 Tue 19-Jul-11 18:53:10

BeerTricksPotter Tue 19-Jul-11 18:53:19

BornInAfrica Tue 19-Jul-11 18:54:13

hissingsid........*scratches head* - I wonder.......

BeerTricksPotter Tue 19-Jul-11 18:54:14

hissingsid Tue 19-Jul-11 18:56:09

You wonder what?

JamieAgain Tue 19-Jul-11 18:56:23

I got a borderline racist email round-robin-forward-this-if-you-read-the-Daily Mail thing from a close relative a while back.

I gave him short shrift on my return email but unfortunately clicked "Relpy All" so about 30 friends and family got the benefit of my ire blush

Punkatheart Tue 19-Jul-11 18:56:33

A friend of mine posted up a joke status about worrying about attacks by pandas - 'If you have been affected by this, repost. So many won't dare.' It sends up all the idiots who post these patronising bits of nonsense.

Satire is the only way, make people realise how ridiculous they are. But yes, I LOATHE this sort of thing.

If she is a good friend, challenge her privately.

saturdaygirl Tue 19-Jul-11 18:57:52

I am not a racist but sometimes all of this defending illigal immigrants / refugees does make my blood boil.

I am a single parent who works 60 hours per week for a salary of way under £25,000 per annum, because I have my pride and bought my own house I cannot claim a penny from anywhere.

I pay my bills from my salary and then if I am lucky maybe get one night out a month and it has been like this for 6 years since my divorce with the exeption of when I got a minimal amount of child tax credit and child benefit.

Can someone tell me please who I pay my taxes to and who is going to help me out just because I have pride and refused to live in a council house, rent free, etc when I got divorced. Thank God I have a very lovely mum who accepts I have my pride but helps my daughter out with little treats and takes me out for the occasional meal.

I don't agree with "benefit bashing" and keep an open mind about people's circumstances but still think there is an unfair division of taxes and money in this country and there is room for improvement so that those of us working out guts out to the point I recently ended up in hospital do not feel so desperate and alone with no where to turn.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 19-Jul-11 18:59:03

Someone on my facebook posted the same.

My husband is a bloody immigrant, you @*#!$$ AND she's 'friends' with him too.

Erm. stick yer finger in yer ear and say red backwards, luv.

grin flashback to my schooldays there.

InfestationofLannisters Tue 19-Jul-11 18:59:46

I think that estimate includes what Reality earned as a lone parent. Could be wrong though <consults spreadsheet>

Lizzylou Tue 19-Jul-11 19:01:58

Saturdaygirl, I can honestly, hand on heart say that anyone I have come across in real life (ie. not read about in the DM) who has come here as an immigrant, albeit not illegal (that I know of!) works their frigging socks off. Often in a job far lesser than they held in their native country and paying taxes like anyone else here.

PiousPrat Tue 19-Jul-11 19:03:00

Saturdaygirl

"Can someone tell me please who I pay my taxes to and who is going to help me out"

"I recently ended up in hospital "

You answered your own question there really...

RealityAlt0174 Tue 19-Jul-11 19:04:09

BeerTricksPotter Tue 19-Jul-11 19:04:35

acmeexplosives Tue 19-Jul-11 19:06:54

Comment with... If anyone has been, or who knows someone who has been attacked by fairies, please repost. It is an enormous problem worldwide, 80% won't post, 5% will, and the other half have been enchanted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now