Talk

Advanced search

To think some parents need to stop and think....

(10 Posts)
dingdongmrs Tue 19-Jul-11 15:22:46

I dont want to rant too much, but why say 'i grabbed my child and threw them to the floor' and then say 'why dont they like me?' isnt it obvious?!!

Stop grabbing your fucking child, theyre not a toy, dont ever throw them to the floor, it does not matter how naughty a child is, dont hurt them. you are the grown up, behave like one and solve the problems, dont add to them by harming your kid and definitely do not moan that they hate you! i think i would hate you if you did that to me too!!

rant over!

cheekeymonkey Tue 19-Jul-11 15:26:27

Too right!

You feel better now?

MissPenteuth Tue 19-Jul-11 15:26:57

Is this about a thread on here, or something in RL?

BitOfFun Tue 19-Jul-11 15:27:20

This sounds a bit like a passive aggressive facebook status to me. If you have witnessed this behaviour, take it up with the person involved- much more effective than asking strangers to agree with with the obvious.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 19-Jul-11 15:31:40

I second your rant.

Nothing shocks me any more but, nevertheless, at some level I never cease to be amazed at the way some parents treat their children.

I sometimes wish I could morph into a giant and shout and swear at them and throw them around just to give them a taste of their own medicine. The problems is that, very often, this is how their parents treated them sad

dingdongmrs Tue 19-Jul-11 15:31:58

Thank you, yes i feel better now. no its not a fb status its on a thread on another parent forum, ive replied to them on there giving advice, i havent just come here to bitch, i have given my opinion to the person in question.

i was juts on here having a look around and replying to other threads and it was still playing on my mind so i posted to get it off my chest instead of having a go at the person in question.

DogsBestFriend Tue 19-Jul-11 15:34:29

Why did they grab their child and throw him to the floor?

"I grabbed my child and threw him to the floor because he was pushing Johnny's head underwater/kicking the dog/playing with matches.... " or "I grabbed my child and threw him to the floor because he was whining"?

OldRedEyes Tue 19-Jul-11 15:41:48

there is never a reason for "I grabbed my child and threw him to the floor" whatever he is doing. Getting hold of him and stopping him doing whatever, Yes, throwing a child, No

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 19-Jul-11 15:49:28

<suddenly has second thoughts about practicing judo or rugby tackles with DS at weekend>

dingdongmrs Tue 19-Jul-11 15:54:51

the child was grabbed and thrown because he was answering back! no shouting, no violence to anyone else, just answering back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now