Talk

Advanced search

to ignore those stupid texts that you're meant to send on to X number of people in X minutes?!

(31 Posts)
harassedandherbug Tue 19-Jul-11 12:24:34

Sorry, but these annoy the hell out of me. They're like electronic versions of chain letters.

Latest one reads:
Beca wrote (Don't erase, ok?) Dear God, the woman reading this is kind and I'm proud of her. Pls help her to live life to the fullest and bless her in her chosen field. Help her shine in the darkest places and let love flow in her path. Pls protect her at all times and lift her up when she needs you the most. Now you're on the clock. In 9 minutes something will make you happy. Pls share this prayer to 9 women you love. TAKE NOTE! 9 women xxx

Do people honestly believe this guff?! And if not, why the hell waste 9 text messages forwarding it?

Oh and this is from someone who's not religious and who I previously thought quite intelligent.

Empusa Tue 19-Jul-11 12:25:57

YANBU!!

They drive me nuts!

MIL does this with emails, so glad she cant work out how to send texts

LadyThumb Tue 19-Jul-11 12:26:17

I couldn't do it - I don't have 9 women in my contact list. Same as emails - I just hit the delete button!

worraliberty Tue 19-Jul-11 12:26:19

YABU

I constantly find myself dying due to not forwarding chain letters/mails/texts and it's a pain in the arse.

So think on!

cyb Tue 19-Jul-11 12:29:27

I delete them all and email ones too

M0rgana Tue 19-Jul-11 12:29:35

I ignore them EVERY time WITHOUT fail. I know they'd just annoy anyone who sent them to me as much as I'm annoyed at receiving them, so why piss off your mates?!

M0rgana Tue 19-Jul-11 12:30:05

Sorry - that was meant to be "anyone I sent them to"!

Tortoise Tue 19-Jul-11 12:32:17

I ignore and delete.

Fooffy Tue 19-Jul-11 12:33:51

DELETE!!

I get these and they freqeuntly tell me that something nice will happen if I pass it on to 10 friends (why 10 I don't know). I don't have 10 friends.

sloggies Tue 19-Jul-11 12:34:10

Modern equivalent of chain-letter and a complete PITA...

weblette Tue 19-Jul-11 12:34:38

What sloggies said.

harassedandherbug Tue 19-Jul-11 12:36:07

I do ignore and delete. I just constantly amazes me that people (who I once thought were intelligent) are still sending this rubbish. These are adults too! I'd almost half expect from, for example, dsd as she's 12 and at the "hun" stage, but even she doesn't send them to me. Have also had them from Mil in the past.

Wondering what else is going to happen as on Saturday the entertainer failed show for dd and her friends birthday party and now my car is in the garage after conking out last night. All before I got the message hmm.

AMumInScotland Tue 19-Jul-11 12:41:03

Delete. And reply to the "friend" who sent it to you that you don't like them and would prefer her not to send any more. And if she does it again, tell her she's a moron for being taken in by such crap!

I ignore them - very annoying!!

Tidey Tue 19-Jul-11 12:44:12

MIL sends me chain emails. DELETE immediately. Nasty horrible threatening emotional blackmail bullcrap.

Fuzzled Tue 19-Jul-11 13:06:39

I have warned all my friends to miss me out on these - I have been known to mark them as spam and then all emails from that person get binned! blush
T'was after fair warning though!

Aworryingtrend Tue 19-Jul-11 13:09:44

Does anyone over the age of 11 send these?

Empusa Tue 19-Jul-11 13:19:22

I find it's mainly people over a certain age tend to fall for these

iklboo Tue 19-Jul-11 13:22:02

I only get these from my MIL. Is it a MIL thing <ponders>?

zukiecat Tue 19-Jul-11 13:28:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Tue 19-Jul-11 13:29:19

Worra grin

I too have a really miserable life with no love, friendship, success or happiness as I refuse to send chain emails on...oh, wait....

Nobody has ever sent me one of these texts. I'd reply saying 'are you serious?'

bamboobutton Tue 19-Jul-11 13:36:06

sil used to send me those emails and the warning emails that any numpty could see was an urban legend (axe murderer in the back seat of a womans car at a petrol station was one i rememberhmm)

thank god she stopped sending them, they were cluttering up my inbox.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 19-Jul-11 14:09:16

Oh god, I hate these. And the stupid email ones you get.

I delete them right away.

And think less of the person who sent it.

aristocat Tue 19-Jul-11 14:11:34

totally agree ignore/delete

ConstantVigilance Tue 19-Jul-11 15:58:53

My friend sends me these all the time, horrible slushy things. They drive me insane!

Usually they say send this to ten friends including me, if you don't I'll know what you really think of me hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now