Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at not being able to get back to sleep after waking in the night.

(9 Posts)
CheshireDing Tue 19-Jul-11 02:32:41

Am annoyed, awake, have itchy skin and a dead arm, am panicking because I know my alarm will go off at 6am and I will be knackered but am wide awake at 2.30am.

Nobody told me that I would not get any sleep BEFORE my baby was born.

AIBI to feel cranky and wonder where the pregnancy "glow" is because it's not here!

nojustificationneeded Tue 19-Jul-11 02:37:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 19-Jul-11 03:45:58

It was my first pregnancy symptom. I got the BFP at 5am because of it. Haven't slept since (DD is 7 months). I hope you enjoy the people saying, "get some sleep now, you won't get any when the baby is here". angry

uninspired Tue 19-Jul-11 03:48:26

YANBU - I haven't been pregnant for 7 years but was woken by the bastard cat wanting to go out and now I keep thinking about stuff I need to do and DH is snoring, so I can't get back to sleep angry

catwalker Tue 19-Jul-11 04:10:25

Awake here too. But I've been waking up around 3am for the last few weeks. And when I wake up I'm wide awake and just can't get back to sleep. DH has been packed off to ds's room as he's away on a school trip, so I can't blame dh's snoring. Grim isn't it?!

Cannotthinkofaname Tue 19-Jul-11 05:45:31

Awake here too. I have been awake all night. I hate nights like this.

Ooopsadaisy Tue 19-Jul-11 05:55:23

Not pregnant here!

Early menopause causing strange sleeping patterns!

I've been up since about half 2.

Have done an hour and a half's ironing. Baked 2 batches of banana muffins, a plum crumble and tonight's casserole is already in the slow cooker.

Now annoyed that I can't make some phone calls as the companies don't open until 8 or 9am.

Would it be unreasonable to start hoovering?

CheshireDing Tue 19-Jul-11 07:04:34

Glad I am not the only one out there! I have decided sleep deprivation is evil.

Maybe I will start a separate thread once the baby is here entitled "would it be unreasonable to leave brand new baby with DH for 5 years or so, so I can sleep"

Flipping eck Ooops I am VERY impressed. I think hoovering will have to wait until 9am but you will probably fall asleep then anyway.

Off to work now, Knackered sad

howabout Tue 19-Jul-11 07:11:40

YANBU
I think we need an insomniac club.
I am pregnant but usually suffer from bouts of insomnia anyway. Always a toss up between pretending to be asleep for 4 hours in bed or getting up and doing something meaningful.
Problem I had with other DCs was getting up in the middle of the night for them and then not getting back to sleep myself sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now