Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to shoplift from Superdrug?

(201 Posts)
sassyminder Mon 18-Jul-11 22:04:36

I have been using this cream eye shadow for ages. I can find it only on Superdrug.
First it was from one company that does not make it anymore so I had to move on to another more expensive..3x more expensive...anyway I was happily buiyng it always when I neede but could not bring myself to stock it because would feel guilty as the thingy is nearly £15 (it is a small round pot of eye cream shadow!)
Anyway, last time I went to Superdrug just to buy it as I was runing out, and could not find my colour...so I asked the lady who works in the make up session if there was any similar product from other maker and she said, no there wasnt and that maker would also stop making that product and they would not receive NONE anymore...it is all finished.
I could not help myself, I mean..I helped myself with the tester one that was there intacted...opened but new...
Now, it looks like I am the only person in the world who likes that thing doesn't it?

Valpollicella Mon 18-Jul-11 22:06:01

Erm. Yes YABU.

It looks like you are a shoplifter, not the only person who likes that thing.

ScaredyDog Mon 18-Jul-11 22:06:21

You stole the tester?

bubblesincoffee Mon 18-Jul-11 22:07:09

They are always discontinuing my favourite products, I feel your pain.

However, I feel that if you have to shoplift, you should do it somewhere nicer. Harrods maybe? Shoplifting from superdrug is for ametuers.

Sassybeast Mon 18-Jul-11 22:07:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

MissVerinder Mon 18-Jul-11 22:08:37

You got ishoos.

Conjunctivitis ahoy, the penalty for theefing the tester....

wildfig Mon 18-Jul-11 22:08:46

I have never seen eyeshadow for more than £5 in Superdrug. You must be going to a very posh one.

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 18-Jul-11 22:09:46

I really can't believe that if you looked a bit harder you would not be able to find an acceptable alternative. It's a bit precious imo to insist that only one particular brand/colour will do.
There are dozens if not hundreds of cosmetic manufacturers in this country alone.
It's only a cream eyeshadow. I think you need to get over it tbh.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 18-Jul-11 22:10:15

YABU on a zillion levels.

AtYourCervix Mon 18-Jul-11 22:11:48

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

hiddenhome Mon 18-Jul-11 22:12:21

Do not use it. You will end up with an eye infection. I bought an eyeliner once and didn't notice that somebody had already opened it. I ended up with a really bad infection a few days later sad

Mummy2Noah Mon 18-Jul-11 22:14:41

YABU. Could you not just buy the tester? You really shouldn't be that attatched to an eyeshadow!

SisterSaviour Mon 18-Jul-11 22:17:30

Yabu to steal,

However, if they are no longer stocking the product then the Tester is probably useless to them anyway!

GreenEyesandHam Mon 18-Jul-11 22:18:28

Have you people never heard of shoplifting to feed an addiction??

confused

NettoSuperstar Mon 18-Jul-11 22:19:59

I once stole from Harrods.
I'm a high class shoplifter <proud>grin

Onemorning Mon 18-Jul-11 22:20:10

YABVU

HappyDoll Mon 18-Jul-11 22:24:30

YABU and YABU and YABU - on all three things that pissed me off about your post.
You're surely not for real.

Tchootnika Mon 18-Jul-11 22:25:26

YABVU indeed: conjunctivitis and CR (or addition to it...) all for an eyeshadow ...
Aren't they giving them away free on the cover of Bliss or something this month? They usually are.

MugglesandLuna Mon 18-Jul-11 22:25:58

YABU and I hope you get caught and prosecuted next time.

Theft is theft is theft!

ZacharyQuack Mon 18-Jul-11 22:28:26

Karma's gonna whack you in the eye.

sassyminder Mon 18-Jul-11 22:28:39

I dont understand why people feel the need to call other idiot or the like, but anyway, I am not an agressive person so will not hit back.
No, I dont have any interest in shoplifting from harrods, and I did in superdrug because this is the only place where I could find the thing.
No other colour won't do, it has to be white polar and the cream consistency is not usual on others eye shadows, even the make-up lady couldn't recommend anything similar.
Never thought of buying the tester though, probably I could get a good discount...
No I won't get any infection, as the tester has clearly not been use.

oh and it is not an addiction, if it was, would I be here asking?

Kayano Mon 18-Jul-11 22:30:22

All the teenage chavs will have had their fingers all up in there! Ewwww

ZacharyQuack Mon 18-Jul-11 22:31:01

Well, shoplifting is pretty idiotic.

Shoplifting an eyeshadow tester is even more so.

GreenEyesandHam Mon 18-Jul-11 22:31:07

I do wish there was a sarcasm/I'm fucking with you emoticon on here at times.

bubblesincoffee Mon 18-Jul-11 22:33:00

When I was 13, I had a simelar addiction to Rimmels Coffee Shimmer lipstick.

Ahhh, those were the days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now