Talk

Advanced search

To not let my grandaughter go back to her parents

(39 Posts)
MrsPresley Mon 18-Jul-11 20:52:38

My grandaughter (9) has been staying with me since Saturday, she stays often as my youngest daughter is the same age so they are very close and so far she has been a dream to have around! My own daughter is at her grandparents just now.

Every morning she makes her bed (and mine) and puts her dirty clothes in the wash basket.

Each day she has tided up, washed dishes, (even though I have had to do some of them again) made me coffee (except put the water in the cup, I dont let her do that bit) helped with the cooking and ate everything I have made her.

Not once has she complained about anything or forgot her manners.

She has offered to do the ironing (I said no) dusted, hoovered, folded clothes and generally will just do her own thing as well as watch dvd's, read and play the Wii (beating me angry )

She will tell to sit down, have a rest and read for a while.

I'm actually enjoying being a bit spolied by her blush

She is due to go home tomorrow, but come back again next week. So would I be really unreasonable to ask my daughter to leave her here another few days, so I can be spolied a bit longer before my daughter is back and then it will be back to Mum she said......Nanny she done......etc grin

Flisspaps Mon 18-Jul-11 20:55:18

grin was waiting for this to be a totally unreasonable request

AgentZigzag Mon 18-Jul-11 20:55:44

YANBU to steal her away grin

What a lovely thread smile

fedupofnamechanging Mon 18-Jul-11 20:56:13

YANBU to want her to stay, but I expect her mum and dad have missed her loads and can't wait to get her back.

TheGrimSweeper Mon 18-Jul-11 20:56:44

Send her my way whilst you're at it envy

SingingSands Mon 18-Jul-11 20:57:03

Oooh, she sounds like a little love! Can you send her round to mine for a bit? My two were sent to bed early for horrendous fighting earlier on, I could do with experiencing a "nice little girl" for a bit! She sounds like a pet, kudos to her parents!

talkingnonsense Mon 18-Jul-11 20:57:58

I bet your daughter has been lovely for her nan and grandad!

rainbowtoenails Mon 18-Jul-11 20:59:59

I bet shes not that nice at home.

muffinflop Mon 18-Jul-11 21:00:25

Awww she sounds lovely! Are you reminiscing a bit though?!

I bet she's loved being with you. I spent a long weekend with my grandparents every summer and absolutely loved it!

AngryBeaver Mon 18-Jul-11 21:05:18

Oh, how lovely.It sounds like you two enjoy a very wonderful relationship.
My mum is just the same with "her baby", my dd who is 5. She was the first gc and they adore each other.
I'm sure your gd gets so much from her time with you. Well done for being a fab nanny smile

tralalala Mon 18-Jul-11 21:05:52

YADNBU!

maybe send her back in about 4 years wink

LaWeasel Mon 18-Jul-11 21:07:51

Aw!

Can I swap her for a - erm, spirited - toddler?

Mitmoo Mon 18-Jul-11 21:11:36

Yes keep her, I am sure you will love losing contact with her.

Seriously it sounds as if her parents have done a wonderful job in raising her.

Don't abuse the trust that you have built up - appreciate it.

AngryBeaver Mon 18-Jul-11 21:21:28

mitmoo erm, what?! hmm

AgentZigzag Mon 18-Jul-11 21:24:26

I was wondering WTF as well beaver.

Someone taking the title at face value? grin

Might help to read the OP in a thread then a couple of posts mitmoo?

Mitmoo Mon 18-Jul-11 21:26:05

The OP wants to be spoiled by her grandchild and not return her to her parents. She wants to be spoiled by a child when a grandparent should spoil a child. It seems the wrong way around to me. Why wouldnt the parents want the child back with them?

FriggFRIGG Mon 18-Jul-11 21:27:51

mitmoo confused

anyhoooo...

what a luverly thread!grin

and yes keep her

MissVerinder Mon 18-Jul-11 21:30:28

I'll swap you for a monsterous lovely three year old...

AgentZigzag Mon 18-Jul-11 21:31:07

Don't be ridiculous mitmoo, the OPs GD isn't feeling the lash on her back, she's doing it because she wants to.

The OP's not said she's going to hold the girl hostage against the parents will grin

Stop trying to find fault where there is none.

valleyqueen Mon 18-Jul-11 21:33:37

My mum says this about my dd, I think she is talking about another child. Keep her definitely.

Mitmoo I think you have missed the point.

Sirzy Mon 18-Jul-11 21:34:42

Love it! I was expecting this thread to be the opposite of what it is!

Sounds like a lovely little girl you can all be proud of smile

MrsPresley Mon 18-Jul-11 21:37:19

Mitmoo, please lighten up a bit. It was meant in a very lighthearted way!

I'm certainly not treating her like a slave and forcing her to do stuff! As someone said earlier, bet she's not like that at home, no she's not but then neither is my youngest who's been a angel for her grandparents!

We are just having fun and enjoying each others company!

An for those of you who want to swap her for your toddlers, NO WAY!!!! you will all have to wait for your own grandchildren to come along grin

DogsBestFriend Mon 18-Jul-11 21:38:05

You beggar! You had me concerned that your DGD was being mistreated by her parents for a moment! grin

YABU. Send her here instead. I will swap for a 14 yo who leaves washing on the floor and banana skins on the ruddy sofa!

pigletmania Mon 18-Jul-11 21:39:53

Can you send her over to me grin. She sounds a fantastic girl, a real credit to her mum

pigletmania Mon 18-Jul-11 21:41:06

Can I swap her for a 4.5 year old, who puts Dairylea behind the sofa, empties her toybox and refuses to put the toys back, refuses to eat her dinner by herself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now