Talk

Advanced search

poor step children

(5 Posts)
marshkat Mon 18-Jul-11 20:15:26

i have 2 step kids that live with their dad and myself full time as their real mum has a section 47, due to the fact she has hurt her youngest 2 times very seriously. (she has amitted all) the children are aloud to talk to their mum when ever they want and can see her with supervised contact. social services involved.the last time the children spoke to their mum she told them she was pregnant, our eldest has now been told by friends at school that her mum has just had a baby girl we know this to be true. yet their mum has still not contacted them to tell them. both children are very young still (4&10) and are clearly very distressed by this. any advice from anyone welcome as not sure how to handle this confusing situation?

Birdsgottafly Mon 18-Jul-11 20:22:24

Do they not still have a SW that facillitates contact?

Do the DC's have pastoral support at school, just in case?

It depends on the DM's 'problems', you shouldn't dismiss what she has done as not being important or over excuse it.

The only thing that you can do is to listen to the DC's and be honest while tackfully giving the answers, age appropriate of course.

smokinaces Mon 18-Jul-11 20:23:46

This is probably not the best place to put this thread.

But if SS removed her previous 2 children due to abuse, chances are she's being investigated with this new baby. Maybe she's waiting to see if the baby will be taken as well before she introduces her to the older children?

marshkat Mon 18-Jul-11 20:32:41

thanx smokinaces never thought of that. im new to this sort of chat thing. i only have my partner (childrens dad) to talk to. the children only see and speak to there mum when and if they want and they both really dont want to. cant say i blame them.

smokinaces Mon 18-Jul-11 20:38:27

Theres a topic called stepparenting - I'm sure you'll get some good support over there. I dont envy anyone with dealing with this, but just reassure your stepchildren they are loved and supported at home - and are not being replaced

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now