Talk

Advanced search

Takeout food

(14 Posts)
Madamolive Mon 18-Jul-11 19:17:59

AIBU to order a delivery for me and OH even though i have a homemade pasta bake ready to be popped in the oven? Its a monday night too...

MrsBuntytheCulDeSacPariah Mon 18-Jul-11 19:20:41

I think the thought of takeaway food is always nicer than the reality, and I always wake up with a raging thirst after takeaways. I'd go for the pasta.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Mon 18-Jul-11 19:23:38

YABU to call a takeaway "takeout food".

YANBU to order a takeaway though, the pastabake will keep till tomorrow or you could freeze it.

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 18-Jul-11 19:23:51

go for the homemade food

< i have had to have takeaways along with microwave food for the last 3 weeks and i am sick to the back teeth with it all give me a home cooked meal anytime>

buggerlugs82 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:24:06

Save the money and buy something nice with it.

I did this exact same thing last week though smile

ApocalypseCheeseToastie Mon 18-Jul-11 19:32:22

Oh god save the money, I was always end up spending about 30 quid as I can't resisit the sides and I ALWAYS regret it blush

khaliwali Tue 19-Jul-11 09:39:31

Why can't you say takeout?

InTheNightKitchen Tue 19-Jul-11 09:48:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

khaliwali Tue 19-Jul-11 10:47:43

without wishing to be petty, I refute that. Neither is a sensible word so it doesn't really matter. Secondly, it is reasonable to assume that takeoutaway food originated in the US (fish and chips was never a takeaway) so why not use an American term? Unless the takeoutaway was fish/pie/ and chips, it is reasonable to use either term. God am even boring myself. I just think that the snobbery surrounding Americanisms when describing American things is sooo tedious and a bit pathetic. There are plenty of extra apostrophe and comma users to tackle before worrying about this.

MyMamaToldMe Tue 19-Jul-11 10:50:11

OMG - who blimming well cares - takeout / take away - same thing!

khaliwali Tue 19-Jul-11 10:53:33

Exactly my point.

Quenelle Tue 19-Jul-11 10:54:48

YABU

Takeaway food is always disappointing.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Tue 19-Jul-11 10:55:33

In any event, it's clearly "delivered in" food in this scenario.

<wins pedant prize>

khaliwali Tue 19-Jul-11 12:34:52

Tortoise, I bow down and pass the pedant's crown over to you. Wear it with pride

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: