Talk

Advanced search

Last Harry Potter - Left out by daughter

(7 Posts)
snowheadgirl Mon 18-Jul-11 11:09:39

To feel upset at not being invited to see the last film with my daughter and her boyfriend and his mum sadNot helped by the fact I'm feeling sorry for myself as I have woke up with a dreadful cold.

I have always loved the films - I took my daughter when she was 10 to see the first film - bought her all the books etc etc etc.

Just prosumed we would be going together when the last film was released as we have seen all the others together. Then she announced she was going with her boyfriend. Fair enough. Then found out his mum was going as well.

So upset that after all those years of having an mutual enjoyment of the series -she does not realise how upset I am at being just left out in the cold.

She has said she will go again with me. Great.

Feel just a little kicked in the teeth. Boyfriends family beginning to get on my *. Sorry just a vent. I know I need to get a life. Kids.

MugglesandLuna Mon 18-Jul-11 11:11:25

YABU.
She is going with you, so whats the problem??

BuxomWenchOnAPony Mon 18-Jul-11 11:11:47

Can't you all go together?

knittedbreast Mon 18-Jul-11 11:13:17

not at all. if shes like me she wont have even realised. please tell her.

whats shes doing is replicating what she feels builds a close relationship (cinema trips and sharing of likes) with her boyfs mother, shes using tried and tested methods of getting close to someone that she learnt from you.

in her attemps to build (a very different, though still imporant) relationship with bfs mother she hasnt even considered you would be hurt, after all you do it together all the time.

do tell her, shel relasie straight away and im sure will include you. grown up children see things differently and often cause hurt when they dont mean too.

AMumInScotland Mon 18-Jul-11 11:13:57

sad - if her boyfriends mum wasn't invited it wouldnt be as bad - did she say why they're doing it that way?

FWIW we made sure DS knew we wanted to see it with him, we've been to all of them together and it feels like "the end of an era" for us, as he's finished school too now. So I know how you feel.

eosmum Mon 18-Jul-11 11:17:04

Kind of know where you're coming from, I'm starting to feel I'm losing a daughter and her BF family are gaining one. I'd be pretty peed off too, especially if there is a history of going together. ((((hugs))))

snowheadgirl Mon 18-Jul-11 11:27:41

Thanks for your comments. Yes, beginning to feel like I'm in competition with BF's family.

I will tell her tonight - if I get opportunity- if it feels right or might wait until we go together. If we ever get around to it. Both working a lot in next few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now