Talk

Advanced search

To put signs in all the toilets saying "have you flushed"?

(14 Posts)
Deaddei Mon 18-Jul-11 10:26:21

oh this is getting to me.
We have 3 toilets.
No one seems to flush apart from me. I am sick of going to the toilet and smelling piss and seeing it in the bowl. And occasionally a poo.
I do not have young children. I have a 14 yr old dd and a 12 year old ds. Oh and a dh.
I suspect it is not dd.
There is pee on the seat. Pee underneath. Even on the wall at the side of the toilet.
I am getting really worked up about it and erupted at breakfast, after sitting on the seat and feeling moistness on my buttocks.
I feel I am living in a public urinal. Is this what my life has become?

BluddyMoFo Mon 18-Jul-11 10:28:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Snuppeline Mon 18-Jul-11 10:35:02

Haha I have a sign in my downstairs loo which says "gentlemen stand closer, its shorter than you think"! Below it says "ladies please stay seated for the entire performance" so its not discriminatory or anything grin though I don't think ladies need to be told...

Kayano Mon 18-Jul-11 10:42:01

I have a sign that says 'I aim to keep this bathroom clean... Your aim will help'

Spuddybean Mon 18-Jul-11 11:00:33

I feel your pain. There is just me and my DP here and every time i go in the loo it stinks of piss and there is a yellow puddle on the floor. I have to clean the toilet every other day because the urine stains the pan.

When i pull my DP up he say's it is me as he 'always' flushes! I now listen out when he is in there and when he comes out there is no flush sound, so i say flush the loo please.

He says he has and then goes back in and see's he hasn't. I don't understand how you can think you have done something and quite obviously have not.

Dont get me started on standing in piss in my only clean pair of tights when I am in a rush for work!!

Sorry, not helpful i know - just ranting!

Snowgirl1 Mon 18-Jul-11 11:32:27

Maybe you should make one of their chores to clean the toilet? My DH sits down to pee, because when he was single and moved into his first flat and was the one cleaning the toilet, he realised that standing to pee creates a lot more mess, which he didn't like having to clean up...so took to sitting to pee. Fortunately for me, he still does.

UpsyDozy Mon 18-Jul-11 11:35:16

Grim. My DH is the same, his aim is worse than 4 yr old DS's! Especially if he's been out on a night out, nice splashes all over the floor the next day. Bleugh....

BuckBuckMcFate Mon 18-Jul-11 11:43:36

I am seriously contemplating asking DP to build a brick shed for 'storage' then getting a plumber to put an outside loo in it, padlocking the main bathroom door and only allowing me and DD to use the inside one.

That way the man loo, for the exclusive use of DP and 2 DS's can be weed and pooed in in whatever manner they see fit and I won't have to deal with the mess and the smell on a daily basis.

Our loo makes me angryangryangry several times a day.

girlywhirly Mon 18-Jul-11 13:08:28

YANBU. Put up ones above the wash basins too, that say

HAVE YOU WASHED YOUR HANDS?
WITH SOAP?

OK, male plumbing is a bad design and there's always a dribble left that drips out or gets shaken all over the place! Plus (DH tells me) it is difficult to aim first thing in the morning with a semi erection, sorry TMI. However this is no excuse for not cleaning up ones' own mess, so I agree with snowgirl and everyone in the family should take their turn at cleaning the loos routinely. Most pre-teen and teen boys have no idea of hygiene, it needs to be imposed on them!

Mandy2003 Mon 18-Jul-11 13:41:34

I have a 12 year old DS. I think the problem goes with the territory sad

I think if I had more than one toilet then I would declare one of them 'his' and perhaps institute his own cleaning routine.

cushionyet Mon 18-Jul-11 14:21:23

I really don't understand why people wouldn't flush the toilet in their own home. If I'm in on my own all day then I'll maybe flush after every other wee to save a bit of water, but I would NEVER leave my shit just floating around in there, even if I was in on my own! I don't know why people seem to think this is so normal- I've never come across this or heard anybody complaining about it before?

I think it shows a total lack of respect for you, since it sounds like you're the one that cleans the toilet. How pathetic do you have to be to not even remember to flush the toilet after you've used it? It's revolting. I'd just try and seriously humiliate them to be honest and make them feel like the dirty, lazy buggers that they are. I could forgive very young children for forgetting it, but 14 and 12?! And God forbid if it's your husband doing it to!

If you suspect it's DS, then threaten to tell his friends about it and ask whether they don't flush their own shit too when they next come round. Bet that'll get rid of the problem pretty quickly...

aquos Mon 18-Jul-11 14:31:59

Our ensuite toilet is MY toilet. Kids and dh not allowed to use it.

The downstairs toilet is off limits to the kids. I'm not having visitors having to put up with the wee puddles or the floating turds.

The upstairs bathroom toilet is so horrid, I never use it. Every now and then I tell one of the kids to clean it.

These 'rules' came about as I was sick of being ignored when I asked people to flush or clean up after themselves. If they're OK with public toilet standards that's fine, but I'm not.

robingood19 Mon 18-Jul-11 14:36:34

listening to me pee. I once lodged at a house in finsbury park as a young man,

The lady of the house would listen when I went to the loo in the morning. If i forgot to pull she would stand at the bottom of the stairs and say.
"Pul the chain please" She was in the Sally army

Spuddybean Mon 18-Jul-11 14:41:52

When i met my DP he had me use his flatmates loo for a while as his was so disgusting he thought i'd never come back so pretended there was only one loo in the flat.

Then when i discovered it, the smell was eyewatering. there was piss everywhere and no soap, shampoo, cleaning products. I needed a bath so went to the shop and bought everything and had to clean it naked so i didn't get products on my work clothes!

We now live together (not sure why, after that revelation) and the other day he said he couldn't wait for us to have 2 loos so we could have a bathroom each. I said neither could i but did he also realise there would be no way i would be cleaning his!

He said that wouldn't be fair of me!! He was joking - oh god i hope he was joking!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now