Talk

Advanced search

to admit that I just went a bit peculiar when MN went offline for an upgrade?

(13 Posts)
MixedClassBaby Sun 17-Jul-11 20:21:45

I'm ashamed to say that I flapped slightly and pressed F5 repeatedly until it came back. I honestly couldn't think of anything else I wanted to look at but felt that turning the computer off was a bit final.

I stopped myself from googling the word monkey to see what came up to fill the time. And I'm not even particularly interested in monkeys.

joric Sun 17-Jul-11 20:22:34

smile

SouthGoingZax Sun 17-Jul-11 20:23:03

grin me too.

I went to my work e mail to see what was going on there

<<no life without MN>>

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 17-Jul-11 20:23:40

Would you like some suggestions of what you could google next time there is an upgrade?

[helpful]

eandemum Sun 17-Jul-11 20:24:22

I had a slight panic that I wouldn't have anything to tune out Top Gear - and started thing surely at MN HQ they know Top Gear is on at this time(DH & DS obsessed)
smile

MixedClassBaby Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:12

@ Chaos: I've googled every nevergoogle and feel pretty desensitised but, go on, surprise me...

PaperBank Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:24

grin

MixedClassBaby Sun 17-Jul-11 20:29:31

Perhaps MNHQ should add a nevergoogle suggestion to the upgrade screen to help us pass the time.

LadyOfTheManor Sun 17-Jul-11 20:36:09

I went downstairs for a bowl of Cocopops and a pear.

TalcAndTurnips Sun 17-Jul-11 20:50:35

I felt a little bereft; so I decided to decided to examine the interior of an empty chrysalis on the windowsill. A few weeks ago, the caterpillar in question came to a halt just there, <<points>> outside my window and decided to do the metamorphosis bit. Yellow and black striped chappie.

However, he has buggered off in his full glory when I wasn't watching - I was wondering if he'd left a note, or any other trace of his transformation. But no, nothing; just an empty husk, trembling in the breeze. I hope he has had a happy and fulfilling time as a butterfly.

LaWeasel Sun 17-Jul-11 20:58:25

How very rude Talc, I hope he comes back to visit and pay backdated window ledge rent at least.

LaWeasel Sun 17-Jul-11 20:58:49

(I went on twitter, no one was doing anything. It was dull)

Beccabop Sun 17-Jul-11 23:10:09

I minimised everything I had open and watched dp play gran turismo for a bit. Then I looked at facebook. Then I had a wee smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now