loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think the wrinkly look is better than the botoxed look

(113 Posts)
anothermum92 Sun 17-Jul-11 19:04:05

Message withdrawn

AgentZigzag Sun 17-Jul-11 20:13:22

We saw Joan Collins on Lee Mack last night and were saying how, even if she's had some cosmetic surgery or whatever done, she's not gone OTT and actually looks a bit old, and better for it.

Looking at someone like Bazza Manilow shock NO! DON'T LOOK!! grin and you can see the classic mistake being made of thinking no one will notice you haven't got enough skin to cover your face.

CoteDAzur Sun 17-Jul-11 20:16:53

YABU. You are born in 1992, yes? Wait until you reach 40 and your face starts to slide down. Come back here then, and let us all know how much you love your wrinkles.

MissBeehiving Sun 17-Jul-11 20:20:50

I used to think like that WHEN I WAS IN MY TWENTIES AND THIRTIES. Funny how that changes grin.

Too much botox is not a good look but actually with a lot of people you wouldn't even realise that they've had it.

ArmchairFeminist Sun 17-Jul-11 20:23:37

I am in my forties, had Botox once and 1) no one,no single bugger noticed and 2) I hated the feeling of not moving my forehead.

Everyone looks better with a moveable face and non plastic shiny forehead.

anothermum92 Sun 17-Jul-11 20:25:17

Message withdrawn

whackamole Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:01

YANBU. I totally agree.

AgentZigzag Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:33

I've just hit 40 thank you Cote and my face definately hasn't started sliding down hmm

Cheeky grin.

Riveninside Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:44

Yanbu. Stiff shiney faces injected with a toxin. Yuck
I have to sign a million forms when dd has it in her muscles. The stuff is a deadly toxin yet any unlicensed person can inject it into your face. And for what? A few years more of looking shiney? By the time you are 80 we will all look the same.

anothermum92 Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:48

Message withdrawn

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:52

YABU

Botox is good if used sparingly by a good practitioner.

IslaValargeone Sun 17-Jul-11 20:26:59

Well I'm a victim of botox gone wrong, so I'm inclined to agree with you.
rearranges fringe over furrows

Riveninside Sun 17-Jul-11 20:27:14

Im 43 tomorrow btw. And look just like me.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 17-Jul-11 20:27:37

You don't have to look shiny with botox - thats people who've had too much.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 17-Jul-11 20:28:33

I think the key is to just have frown lines and not the whole forehead done - that way you can still move forehead but look more refreshed.

Apparently wink

CoteDAzur Sun 17-Jul-11 20:29:02

Riven - Those of us who don't wear the veil are slightly more interested in a youthful appearance smile

CoteDAzur Sun 17-Jul-11 20:32:35

I've just hit 40, too, and my face is fresh and beautiful. More so now than when I was 39 wink

Riveninside Sun 17-Jul-11 20:33:49

I dont like to frighten dh either...

lawnimp Sun 17-Jul-11 20:33:57

i'm 42 and don't have many wrinkles, skin is still ok

i don't ever want any shite injected in my face, i don't really get this obsession people have with their faces

ArmchairFeminist Sun 17-Jul-11 20:35:44

Don;t get me wrong, it was great on the two little lines betwixt my eyes BUT you can't have that bit done without above the eyebrows and then it was a bit immobile, not too bad but clearly I didn't need it because not even DH noticed! shock

ArmchairFeminist Sun 17-Jul-11 20:37:03

I also think I'm happier looking a good forty something than trying to look younger, and just looking a bit fake.

Besides, a good foundation can work wonders!

wasabipeanut Sun 17-Jul-11 20:42:41

YANBU. I'm sure it can look good if injected by a skilled practitioner but I'm too scared of it hurting. I'm also uneasy about having one of the most deadly toxins in existence injected into my body where, eventually, I will metabolise it.

Instead I have got myself a stylish new fringe cut in - much cheaper and far less painful.

FreudianSlipper Sun 17-Jul-11 20:54:13

its scary how many start to take on that cat look, liek there cheeks are overtaking there face and there eyes sink in

some have it done and end up looking older trying to look younger, its hard to tell if someone is a 30 or 40 something when they have had botox

hairfullofsnakes Sun 17-Jul-11 20:59:07

I watched the film Bridesmaids the other day (great film, Go see!) and something was odd... Well not odd, just that something was different about the ladies in it and them I realised it was that they all
had norma faces! And they all looked beautiful, normal
Wrinkles and shiny Botox shit and they looked great! Yanbu

anothermum92 Sun 17-Jul-11 21:06:14

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now