Talk

Advanced search

To boast here as I cant on facebook

(12 Posts)
youbethemummylion Sun 17-Jul-11 09:39:22

I am so blooming proud that my painfully painfully shy 4 yr old went on the bouncy castle at the school fair and at his first gymnastics lesson actually asked to join in and had a huge smile on his face for the whole sesssion! Doesnt seem muvh but has maade me a very proud mummy

MardyBra Sun 17-Jul-11 09:41:47

YANBU for sharing with us. YABU for not putting it on Facebook if you want to.

MorelliOrRanger Sun 17-Jul-11 09:42:01

Aww YANBU - I have a shy 4 yr old and little things like that make me proud too. She went on a huge slide yesterday for the first time. I was shock then grin for her.

BeerTricksPotter Sun 17-Jul-11 09:42:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catgirl1976 Sun 17-Jul-11 09:47:27

YANBU - that's a lovely thing to hear grin

ChablisLover Sun 17-Jul-11 10:24:35

Yanbu- lovely!

Was so proud of ds when we got his bike and he rode around the shop on it. Never could pedal before but he just jumped in and did it. I was nearly in tears.

Makes u feel good to be a proud mummy.

TidyDancer Sun 17-Jul-11 10:31:24

Aw so lovely! I've had those moments with DS. He really just needed the first push most of the time, but it's such a proud moment when they finally seem to be enjoying something like that!

AandK Sun 17-Jul-11 10:35:42

Thats fabulous I don't understand why you can't boast on fb? Wouldn't your friends be pleased for you too? All my friends are always boasting and complaining to each other about dc its part of being a parent isn't it? Xx

youbethemummylion Sun 17-Jul-11 10:49:17

Thanks everyone just so so proud of him!

I could put this on facebook but unfortunately some of my 'friends' always go into competative parenting mode and would comment something like "thats lovely because he was embarrasingly shy wasn't he?! DD has been doing gymnastics since she could walk can he do xyz yet?"

I know I should just delete them but to be honest that would cause more trouble than it's worth so I only use FB now to put pics of the kids on as my family live some distance away and that way they can see how they are growing etc.

worraliberty Sun 17-Jul-11 10:52:49

It's lovely to see children coming out of their shells. It's always a big step when they're really shy..no wonder you're proud grin

Groovee Sun 17-Jul-11 10:54:24

Lovely news, Lock your status so competitive mums can't see

Lifeissweet Sun 17-Jul-11 10:55:13

Phew. I thought this was another tedious 'genius' levels thread, but it's genuinely a lovely thing to be proud of. I would love to hear about a friend's child becoming confident and sociable any day of the week. In my book, those are the most important things.

I teach children who are intelligent, others who work very hard and achieve surprising things, but the ones who make me happiest are the ones that make new friends when they find that difficult, or who show a new found confidence. You have obviously done a lot to help him be less shy and you should be proud.

Yay for your DS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now