Talk

Advanced search

to contemplate holidaying at Thorpe park cleethorpes

(11 Posts)
upsydaisysexstylist Sun 17-Jul-11 08:52:50

We have a 3 and 1 year old a little money saved for a holiday and this looks cheap, but am slightly worried it will be v v noisey next to a theme park type facilities. We are also taking Grandma. Cleethorpes looks great for toddlers, so it is just the noise I am worried about

belindarose Sun 17-Jul-11 08:56:27

I haven't been for years but my grandparents lived near Cleethorpes. Our family photo albums are full of photos of us as children, wrapped up in parkas (we went on the beach whatever time of year), digging alone in the vast expanse of sand. The tide goes a very long way out! I'd love to take my toddler there but we all live too far away now. I can't imagine the noise would be too bad?

Groovee Sun 17-Jul-11 08:56:32

What Theme Park? Thorpe Park theme park is no where near Haven as they are in different parts of the country.

GypsyMoth Sun 17-Jul-11 09:11:05

Massive theme park there. Grovee, this one has been there years, nothing to do with the other Thorpe park!

Iirc a lot of people drive in, so maybe not as noisy at night.

I have many happy memories of the beach too. Mablethorpe as well

youngwomanwholivesathogwarts Sun 17-Jul-11 09:52:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GingerWrath Sun 17-Jul-11 10:03:00

We had a long weekend there in a tent last month. The arcades attract some <tries to be tactful> less desirable clientele. The food is ok but it was very busy in the restaurant (was over a bank holiday). The pools are good (but again busy).

aybe we were unlucky but there was alot of late night/early morning noise. We won't be going back!

PaperBank Sun 17-Jul-11 12:50:01

YANBU. Are you thinking of staying inside the theme park itself? If not then you'll be able to find something quieter away from the noise, but still be near the beach etc.

charleneanne Sun 17-Jul-11 14:39:27

OMG cleethorpes is the biggest saddest shitty excuse for a seaside ever have been once NEVER again the beach omg thats a laugh unless you want to feel oil and shit in between your toes its a dive not a lot to do especially with kids and what there is they really charge for worst holiday ever

upsydaisysexstylist Sun 17-Jul-11 15:37:41

Think it is actually beachcomber we are looking at, on google thorpe park comes up as a theme park hence any confusion. Think we shall book mainly 'cause caravan and train fare comes to £250 for week. Thanks for your replies, no this is not really ABIU but gets quickest response

charleneanne Sun 17-Jul-11 15:49:31

yeah its beachcomber we went to shudders at memorys

PaperBank Sun 17-Jul-11 16:06:02

charleneanne the beach is MUCH cleaner than it used to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now