Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if your GP resembles a film star?

(55 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns Sat 16-Jul-11 20:49:25

grin

After discussing my desire to whizz to see the doctor next week because he looks like Jake Gyllenhaal, SarahS was very jealous, as her GP doesn't scrub up quite so well.

wink

So, are you lucky in the DocLottery?

NettoSuperstar Sat 16-Jul-11 20:51:19

A Doctor I saw this week had the speaking voice of Robbie Williams, and I met one last year who looked like Derren Brown.

SarahStratton Sat 16-Jul-11 20:52:18

No I'm bloody not as you well know.

Mine bears more than a passing resemblance to Mr Toad. And he's about as odious as him too.

<inordinately jealous of Chaos and her delicious GP>

lachesis Sat 16-Jul-11 20:52:36

No.

JennyPiccolo Sat 16-Jul-11 20:53:16

mine is about 65 but looks a bit like Will.I.Am

faintpositive Sat 16-Jul-11 20:53:35

na, mine looks like the inventor on Balomory, cant remember his name.

although one of the doctors at my work looks like David Beckham yum grin

SarahStratton Sat 16-Jul-11 20:54:25

Archie? Hahaha grin

ChaosTrulyReigns Sat 16-Jul-11 20:54:38

(Alopogies for the crap title btw, but I am in pain.)

wink

BitOfFun Sat 16-Jul-11 20:54:45

One of mine looks like Stephen Merchant, and the other is like that fat bloke from Seinfeld. So not that lucky, no.

pointythings Sat 16-Jul-11 20:57:51

No dishy docs in my surgery, but I do remember that the anaesthetist who put in my epidural with DD1 was unbelievably gorgeous in a George Clooney at his best way, and that was not just because he was delivering pain relief.

SarahStratton Sat 16-Jul-11 20:58:19

Apocalypse thinks Archie is hot stuff hmm

squeakytoy Sat 16-Jul-11 20:59:10

Mine looks like Fatima Whitbread... so I didnt get very lucky..

AuntieMonica Sat 16-Jul-11 20:59:52

not GP but MY DS2 looks like Jake Gyllenhaal!

in fact, lots of people call him 'Donnie'

grin

HowlingBitch Sat 16-Jul-11 21:00:07

No. sad.

I did have an emergency dentist who looked exactly like George clooney though. I got so nervous (I'm terrified of the dentist) half way through I had to be given oxygen. He rubbed my head looked into my eyes and said everything would be fine, That he wasn't going to hurt me.. <swoons>. Oh and he smelt amazing...

Ahem. Sorry, I was needy and pregnant at the time!

TheCrackFox Sat 16-Jul-11 21:00:16

Kirsty Allsop and Diane Keating. Wouldn't shag either of them though.

AtYourCervix Sat 16-Jul-11 21:03:32

wassup Chaos? leprosy? scabies?

my GP is unfortuately a dad of a church friend of DD1's. Tenuous link but i still don't need him furtling around. I go in and tell him i need anti-histamines and that's about it.

ShoutyHamster Sat 16-Jul-11 21:05:28

Hmm his face is a blur. An authoritative blur.

But I had a midwife who looked like the lady from the gravy ads.

KurriKurri Sat 16-Jul-11 21:06:45

Mine looks like Ade Edmondson, actually a bit madder, but he is a nice guy.

MY hospital consultant has a slight touch of the young Edward G Robinson about him, - also a very nice guy.

Jellykat Sat 16-Jul-11 21:06:51

Before i moved here 7 years ago, my GP was Dr Mark Porter from the telly, he did a home visit to me once, and arrived in his Sports car - I was a jibbering wreck, hes even better looking in real life..

<<< sigh >>>

Could never have gone to him for any Gynae problems though! blush

imadgeine Sat 16-Jul-11 21:09:18

My Gp practice just started flogging botox, laser hair removal etc, so they will presumably soon look like film stars...

superjobee Sat 16-Jul-11 21:13:43

my dr looks like a turtle, he always has since i was teeny tiny i always remember he looks like a turtle and he doesnt age.. he's looked the exact same all my life its creepy hmm

happymole Sat 16-Jul-11 21:21:59

My surgery had a gorgeous doctor, it got so he had a huge waiting list and the waiting room smelled like perfume counter.

When he first joined, my lovely sister made an appointment to see him, not realising what he looked like.

She sat down, took one look and started going on about having a bad back.

Sadly, the real problem was horrendous thrush. She ended up going back to see a different doc grin

He recently escaped left, so the new pick of the bunch is a really nice lady doctor who is excellent at her job.

Unfortunately she has a very obvious thick black moustache that I can't stop staring at....It's bloody mesmerising.

lawnimp Sat 16-Jul-11 21:22:32

idi amin?

lawnimp Sat 16-Jul-11 21:24:29

oh god sorry, i meant um, forest whittaker as idi amin

<digs hole>

shakey1500 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:26:17

Now you mention it, mine has a resemblance to Sean Penn but about 15years older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now