Talk

Advanced search

to be really pissed off at dh over this?

(11 Posts)
Iamuniqua Sat 16-Jul-11 16:18:37

Think I might need another perspective before he gets home!

Ds has been looking forward to going out with dh today: first thing he said this morning and has been the same all week.
They get to the destination and it's closed.
Dh didn't check it was open, then didn't take him to the alternative place (where they could have done the same thing) but just the local park for half-hour.
I know I'm more annoyed at this because dh doesn't want to do anything that involves leaving the bloody house; he's a good dad but they don't do much out of the house. I just think that to do that to ds is really poor.

Am i over-reacting?

Bunbaker Sat 16-Jul-11 16:20:59

I sympathise with you. Your OH sounds exactly like mine. He hates going ou to do things other than going for a walk. He hardly ever comes with DD and me if we want to go somewhere interesting, and when he does he does it under suffrance.

vegetariandumpling Sat 16-Jul-11 16:26:32

YANBU. Fair enough, he didn't think to check it was open, we've all done that. Fair enough he took him to the park, which I'm sure DS enjoyed. But why didn't he just go to the alternative place? :s sounds a bit like he just used any excuse to get out of it.

Iamuniqua Sat 16-Jul-11 16:29:20

Hi Bunbaker, it's a pain isn't it. I have had this conversation with dh and he's really made the effort to get more behind our plans.
I told dh a few months ago that from now on we would go and do things on our own if he turned his nose up at every suggestion-the thing is is that he enjoys himself when he's there and he certainly makes a point of doing things with ds at home and in the garden-I just think this was completely avoidable and has left a little boy gutted.

diddl Sat 16-Jul-11 16:30:46

Did he know he was supposed to go to an alternative place?

Iamuniqua Sat 16-Jul-11 16:31:08

See vegetariandumpling, that's the problem, I think the same.
He faffed about until gone 2 then they left and i got a text "its closed, park for half an hr then straight home" or more or less.

Iamuniqua Sat 16-Jul-11 16:32:22

Hi diddl, it's not that big a leap to be honest-you would, I would have assumed, just think "oh well thats closed, we'll go to that one instead"

DogsBestFriend Sat 16-Jul-11 16:40:32

He probably heaved a sigh of relief when he found the venue closed! And I may not blame him either, my idea of hell is a theme park/swimming poo/whatever full of other people's kids.

As a result of my views, I compensated in other ways. I've never taken mt children to a theme park/toddler group or in my life but instead my DC had a whale of a time at open farms, museums and other places.

And you have a way of compensating and compromising too - you're happy to take DS places which DH hates and DH is a great dad, you are happy to say, and hands on and involved with him in the home and garden so he can do that bit. Win-win! I can't see where DS is losing out tbh, albeit that today was a disappointment. My solution would be to suggest that you take him to this venue next weekend - in anotherwords, you and DH both do what you're best at. smile

Catslikehats Sat 16-Jul-11 16:41:23

I'd be pretty pissed off - it doesn't take a genius to check opening hours and if you do get caught out to not to go elsewhere is just lazy.

diddl Sat 16-Jul-11 16:44:05

Well if it´s to do the same thing, it does seem odd that he didn´t try another place-especially if nearby.

Did he really not want to take your son?

worraliberty Sat 16-Jul-11 16:50:45

How old is your DS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now