Talk

Advanced search

To hide in the loo and giggle hysterically?

(11 Posts)
Fuzzled Sat 16-Jul-11 11:02:54

Background: DS has always possetted, but now he is crawling and hauling, it has almost vanished. Normally after his meals, he sits in his high chair and plays with a toy as I faff around tidy up so that it "settles" and any dribbles are much less... dribbly grin
DH usually gets home from work about an hour and a half after DS's evening meal so doesn't really see the dribble. He is a brilliant Dad but (as he works really hard) doesn't see a lot of the day to day stuff with DS so sometimes looks a bit hmm at things I tell him.

This morning, he was actually up for DS's breakfast shock
After I'd fed DS, I gave him a toy while I started to clear up. As usual, DS alternates between playing and watching me tidy.
DH pipes up that DS looks "bored" and he'll take him to play hmm, so I try to explain that DS will be very dribbly and to keep him upright/don't muck about and tickle etc.
I'm tidying the kitchen and they are playing in the living room and I hear a loud bellow from DH followed by a giggle from DS and then a planetive cry for help from DH.
I get through to find DH lying on his back on the floor with his head covered (glasses and all!) in breakfast dribble grin
"what happened?"
Subdued look from DH - "playing aeroplanes and tickling him"
I don't say anything, just take over while he goes to shower and clean up.
He comes back very shamefacedly and tells me that he's sorry, and I was right and he should have listened to me grin
So now I'm hiding in the loo and trying desperately not to laugh out loud at the picture of him covered in dribble while rejoicing that DS managed to aim so accurately!
To quote Hannibal "I love it when a plan comes together!" grin

TheMonster Sat 16-Jul-11 11:04:19

Ah men. They never listen.

Lara2 Sat 16-Jul-11 11:04:34

Karma!!!! grin

blackeyedsusan Sat 16-Jul-11 11:17:00

yay. some people just have to learn the hard way, although dh never did.

(put something over his willy when you take his nappy off... but would he? no. got fed up of bathing ds because the poor lad had weed on his own head. was i sympathetic when ds weed in h's hair? not a bit)

NearlyHeadlessnickelbabe Sat 16-Jul-11 11:18:39

gringrin

i bet he believes you in future grin

FuzzpigFourFiveSix Sat 16-Jul-11 11:21:41

Brilliant. Did you get a photo grin

Fuzzled Sat 16-Jul-11 11:24:49

Sadly no photo as phone wasn't on and I couldn't really yell "stay there while I find the phone in the depths of my handbag blush , switch it on, and then take a photo" grin
Mental snapshot will have to do.
Weetabix is quite sticky and hard to get out of hair apparently wink

HURRAH! I love it when they get an active demonstration of why you say the things you say - makes it all worth it. You're too kind to go into the loo to giggle though - I'm afraid I would have pointed and laughed on the spot [mean wife emoticon]

springydaffs Sat 16-Jul-11 11:31:38

grin

slightly different, but exH was very particular about everything being ironed. inc socks ffs. as each child popped out I got less and less time for ironing. One night he came to bed wearing a pair of pyjamas that had dried on the radiator and could NOT have been more creased - they won the creasiest garment competition. Also wearing a long-suffering, accusatory face. It was the face that did it - I got an attack of overwhelming giggles (couldn't hide in the loo) and just laughed and laughed hysterically.

ah, good to release a bit of tension.

NearlyHeadlessnickelbabe Sat 16-Jul-11 11:41:03

ah, see, springy - good you said ex - i'm of the firm belief that anyone who is old enough to use an iron safely should iron their own clothes.
(SN notwithstanding of course)
grin

springydaffs Sat 16-Jul-11 11:59:48

ah yes, the ironing situation was an indication of a deeper malaise shall we say wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now