Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to find DH's coughing/spluttering completely repellent?

(5 Posts)
clingingtosanity Sat 16-Jul-11 10:14:45

Since waking up this morning, DH has been suffering with a cough/cold. Poor him you may say, but NO!

He is being overly generous in his expression of how unwell he's feeling & he just coughed so much, spluttering away & phlegming it up that I felt so sick I had to leave the room!

AIBU in wishing he would STFU?!?

I fear it may be the return of the dreaded Manflu.....

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sat 16-Jul-11 10:19:53

YANBU, shove a lemsip at him and go out for the day with the DCs.

clingingtosanity Sat 16-Jul-11 10:22:33

Oh if only.....we're dropping DS off at Nana & Grandpa's for a few hours so we can build the Ikea furniture we bought last weekend. Joy.

I may end up killing him with an Alum key.....

jeckadeck Sat 16-Jul-11 10:24:43

its one thing in the home, to be fair he can't easily get away from you. What really seriously pisses me off is when people insist on coming into work like this and inflict their ill-health and their moaning on others in the work place. I used to work with a woman who would periodically get coughs so bad that one couldn't actually hold a telephone conversation. We'd all tell her to go home and she'd insist on malingering and being a drama queen toughing it out.

clingingtosanity Sat 16-Jul-11 10:37:45

Oh jeckadeck I completely agree with you. Trouble is, some places I've worked they treated you like such a pariah if you ever dared to have a day off sick that a lot of people ended up coming in, whinging & spreading their germs. Grrrrr angry

Agreed, DH can't easily get away from me but he was almost relishing in it I'm sure & hamming it up! I'm such a heartless cow wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now