Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why people think they are invisible in cars?

(13 Posts)
Salmotrutta Fri 15-Jul-11 21:00:45

I'm sure this has been done already but........... why did that man today have a good root around in his nose then examine the end of his finger in full view of everyone else at the traffic lights?
Why do lots of people do this or pick their ears and flick the contents out of the window? WE CAN SEE YOU!! <VOMIT>
Why do you think the blazing shouting match you are having with your partner isn't being seen by everyone else in the traffic queue?
You are NOT invisible in your car!!
Unless you have a blacked out pimp-mobile grin

LadyFlumpalot Fri 15-Jul-11 21:03:19

Oh, I love watching people in their cars, especially in motorway traffic jams. Trying to figure out what the argument is about etc... It's brilliant!

Salmotrutta Fri 15-Jul-11 21:05:24

I know - love a good show in a traffic jam I do!! grin
So don't stop people - just be aware you are fully visible grin

GreenEyesandHam Fri 15-Jul-11 21:09:33

Oh this is me. Not picking my nose I hasten to add (I save this for the bathroom) but singing, shouting at the radio, examining my spots in the rear view mirror etc etc

Usually it's the direct eye contact from the person staring horrified from the next car that makes me 'come to' blush

lovinme Fri 15-Jul-11 21:12:20

I was in a traffic jam once and saw a man having a wank!

GreenEyesandHam Fri 15-Jul-11 21:15:01

shock

AmazingBouncingFerret Fri 15-Jul-11 21:19:28

I've noticed alot of people who think they are invisable.

But I seem to have one little problem. My car and I seem to be invisible to alot of drivers and pedestrians. So many people pull out on me or walk in front of me. Even had one driver look all suprised when they realised I was there in my great big metal thing that shouldnt be hard to miss.. Didnt fail to see me giving him the wanker sign though!

Salmotrutta Fri 15-Jul-11 21:35:22

shock shock at lovinme

Oh and I shout at the radio too Green- usually Steve Wrong or Jeremy Vine blush

And I know what you mean Amazing - some people have a death wish apparently confused

breatheslowly Fri 15-Jul-11 21:42:10

I don't think I am invisible, I just don't really care. Never had a wank in my car though (I was going to say "in traffic" but I thought you might think I reserve it for driving at 70).

onepieceofcremeegg Fri 15-Jul-11 21:45:22

I thought I was being subjected to a road rage attack yesterday. The woman behind kept coming up close to my bumper, swerving slightly and making odd gestures in the mirror. When we stopped at the traffic lights (she nearly didn't manage to stop mind) I became aware she was "doing" her hair. The odd gestures were her fluffing it up, then she had her hands in the air on top of her head to secure it. I was tempted to waggle my lipgloss at her in the mirror but was worried she may wish to borrow it. wink

ByTheSea Fri 15-Jul-11 21:45:41

I sing and sing and sing in my car. I used to only do it when it was dark out, or try not to move my lips, but now I just don't care. I like to think people just may think I'm talking on a hands-free.

dearprudence Fri 15-Jul-11 22:14:11

I love singing in the car. Don't much care if people see me, except when I'm really going for it and get direct eye contact. But I have to carry on then, because otherwise they'll think I've only stopped because they caught me.

Salmotrutta Fri 15-Jul-11 22:25:20

I sometimes do "air drumming" on the steering wheel........... blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now