Talk

Advanced search

To not let DD have ANOTHER sleep over tonight?

(16 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Fri 15-Jul-11 19:57:09

Ok kids have been off school 2 weeks now (Scotland). First week we were away on our hols and were out ALL the time. We got back last Friday night, went out sat, out all day sunday at Jousting, Swimming Monday (all day flumes pool etc), Monday night we decided to go to alton towers so got up at 5am and went to alton towers, went to Lego Land on the way back. Got home at 4pm on wed night, went out all day thurs then both dd's had sleepovers last night. Didnt do an awful lot today, went shopping, caught up on housework and washing etc and now DD1 wants a sleepover cause her friends mum is going to a wedding tomorrow and she wants to stay here. I feel guilty but am totally shattered and am having my 1 year old neice for a while tomorrow cause she is going on hols. Am I a bad mum?>???

sloggies Fri 15-Jul-11 20:28:55

No. YANBU.

sundew Fri 15-Jul-11 20:30:26

No - YANBU or a bad mum

littlemisssarcastic Fri 15-Jul-11 20:46:01

Just to clarify, your DC have had 2 weeks off school and have been out doing fun things you have organised for them every single day?????
And you are concerned you're being a bad mum because you are too tired to let your DD's friend stay over tonight, and tomorrow you are having your 1 year old niece over too? How old are your DC btw?

YANBU but I'm interested to know what your plans for the next 2 weeks are. grin

justcallmemummypig Fri 15-Jul-11 21:30:25

I'm still trying to figure out how you did legoland on the way back from alton towers to scotland confused

Vilt Fri 15-Jul-11 21:33:04

justcallmemummypig, that is exactly what I've been wondering too....

mummytime Fri 15-Jul-11 21:38:32

Me three!

Groovee Fri 15-Jul-11 21:46:06

Having done Legoland on the way back from AT myself I suspect it's the discovery centre in Manchester.

And no you aren't unreasonable :-)

Indaba Fri 15-Jul-11 21:51:00

YANBU

There is definite "sleep over creep" going on.....starts off can we play for 10 mins......then can they play for a day.................. then everyone wants sleepovers all the time...its supposed to be a treat!...not a human right....desist....rise up sisters! smile

Fecklessdizzy Sat 16-Jul-11 23:34:49

I bloody HATE sleepovers, they never actually get any sleep and neither do I!

papermate Sat 16-Jul-11 23:36:56

Wow you have crammed into 2 weeks what I plan on doing in 6!!!

NorksAreMessy Sat 16-Jul-11 23:48:02

Sleep overs are the work of the devil.
I would rather have 10 girls for the day than two for a sleepover.

YANBU

Cathycat Sun 17-Jul-11 00:07:28

Actually you've crammed in what I would do in a year. I really am not joking. I am planning a weeks holiday in August, Alton Towers for ds1 birthday September, trip to pool for ds2 birthday, sleepover November, Christmas then New Year recovery, Legoland dd April, farm ds3 May. Wish I cd afford what you have done but dont think Id have the energy anyway!

worraliberty Sun 17-Jul-11 00:11:18

Yes you're a very bad Mum

<rolls eyes>

snippywoo2 Sun 17-Jul-11 00:18:19

My first thought was are you taking the piss?
If you've done all that in 2 weeks surely a sleepover and having your niece for a couple of hours is nothing lol

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 18-Jul-11 16:12:04

Did the discovery centre in manchester on the way home. Plans for this week are not going well as car has now broken down so it has to be activities within walking distance. Did the zoo on sat, conema on sunday and walked to the local swimming and back today then played in the woods for a while. Dont know about the rest of the week yet. Depends on car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now