Talk

Advanced search

To really hope Daisy was on the next train!

(6 Posts)
bruffin Fri 15-Jul-11 19:26:29

As I got off the train tonight, there was a lovely scene like something out of the railway children.
A little girl of about 2 or 3 standing holding hands with her older brother of about 5 or 6. He was holding the leads of 2 border coliies and a terrier, all the dogs were sitting quietly waiting. The little girl had a pretty dress on and it was such a lovely sight.

The 2 children were shouting Daisy, Daisy over and over again, obviously waiting for Daisy to get off the train. Everyone passing them had the hugest grin on their face, because they were so cute. Even hulking teenage boys were smiling at them.

Then the train left and the dad came running back to them and there was a plaintive "Daisy not here" from the little girl.

I do hope Daisy was on the next train, they sounded so disappointed. It's one of those things I will never know!

Silly thread I know, but am hormonal and soppy at the moment. I cried at the HM speach at prizegiving last night.

Disasterpiece Fri 15-Jul-11 20:02:22

Oh god all the way through I was thinking why are Two small children in a train station on their own??? So glad the Dad was just near them.

I also hope Daisy, whoever she is, was on the next train.

ShushBaby Fri 15-Jul-11 20:10:37

If it makes you feel any better (it would have made me cry too, and I don't have the excuse of hormones!), imagine that there was a woman sat at home on Mumsnet typing 'AIBU to be pissed off that DH has taken kids to meet OW already? AND he's taken the fucking dogs?'

bruffin Fri 15-Jul-11 20:22:55

LOL Shushbaby

Disasterpiece - I did wonder where the adult was, but they were so well behaved including the dogs, I didn't think they could be far away.

OrdinaryJo Fri 15-Jul-11 20:23:55

Shush

Genius.

wine

bruffin Fri 15-Jul-11 20:27:56

Think MN should come up with a pimms glass as well as the wine Could do with one tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now