Talk

Advanced search

to call my baby (dr who related)

(19 Posts)
biddysmama Fri 15-Jul-11 14:11:06

not call it (dr who related) cos thats ridiculous grin

Rose...if my ds1's name is Tyler ?

not because of the connection, just because thats the only name dh and i agree on

(ive already told ds1's name on the changing names thread, i wish i'd changed his blush )

lazarusb Fri 15-Jul-11 14:12:39

Why not? It's a lovely name...I thought you were going to suggest Davros grin

TrillianAstra Fri 15-Jul-11 14:13:11

As long as you always introduce them in age order I doubt anyone will notice.

AgentZigzag Fri 15-Jul-11 14:16:38

DD1s middle name and our dogs name both came from Blakes 7 grin

We didn't think DD2 would be too chuffed with Servalan though.

Rose is a lovely name smile

lucykate Fri 15-Jul-11 14:17:01

my brother has dc's called brad and jen

whackamole Fri 15-Jul-11 14:17:53

I wouldn't have known it had anything to do wit Dr Who. It's probably not as recognisable as calling your baby Frodo if your last name is Baggins grin

onebigchocolatemess Fri 15-Jul-11 14:22:33

my two boys have the same names as a certain pair of brothers from The Archers.....

Doesn't so them any harm!

The Dr who thing will move on before their old enough for it to be relevant

JellyBeansOnToast Fri 15-Jul-11 14:25:37

Thank God, I thought you were going to ask if it was alright to call your child 'Tennant-Dalek' or something.

Zingylemontart Fri 15-Jul-11 14:48:21

I think Tyler and Rose sound fine. Thought you were going to say you had plans to call your DC Raxacoricofalapatorius!

notso Fri 15-Jul-11 14:59:24

Fine to me. However I didn't get the connection between Luke and Leia who we used to live near, ntil DH pointed it out, nor could I understand why my Mum and Dad laughed at my friends baby George Harrison.

MummyDoIt Fri 15-Jul-11 15:06:46

Rose Tyler is a lovely name and I wouldn't let the Dr Who connection put you off. Whatever name you choose could become the next huge thing in books or films anyway. There must be dozens of Harry Potters who had the name long before the books were written!

bruffin Fri 15-Jul-11 15:25:29

I once came across an Eliza, Freddy and Henry. Don't know if their mum was a My Fair Lady fan or not.

bucaneve Fri 15-Jul-11 15:27:46

I have added Amelia to my fantasy baby name list mainly because of Dr Who blush

Topcat11 Fri 15-Jul-11 16:41:13

No problem at all with Rose for your DD and Tyler for your DS. The only people who will notice anything are Dr Who fans and they will just think it's cool! Plus as Trillian said you would usually introduce them separately or with the oldest (Tyler) first anyway.
My DD's middle name is Romana - DP is a HUGE Dr Who fan!!

If LO had been a girl his middle names would have been Martha Rose because of Doctor Who. Now I would add Amelia to the middle names as well (but not Donna because I cannot stand Catherine Tate).

I did threaten to call him Doctor John Smith Tardis Galifrey when it turned out he was a boy and even though I was joking it started to grow on me!

kaid100 Fri 15-Jul-11 17:50:15

I once heard of a mother who gave birth to twins in the late 80s, a boy and a girl, and called them.... Kylie and Jason. Apparently, she regretted it a few years later.

FoofusScrimgeour Fri 15-Jul-11 17:53:45

Thank Goodness. Thought you were going to say Pond. There is nothing wrong with Rose and Tyler.

Pancakeflipper Fri 15-Jul-11 17:54:56

Sigh of relief... Thought you wanted to call your child Pond.

ratspeaker Fri 15-Jul-11 19:29:13

I thought it was going to be River Song
or Melody Pond

Go for it
I'm sure those Dr Who will be regarded as Classic episodes by then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now