Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be getting fed up of hearing everywhere I look about the phone hacking fandango ?

(13 Posts)
sparkle1977 Fri 15-Jul-11 11:31:43

I know its outrageous etc etc and people should be held accountable.

TBH I personally was not that "surprised" that NOTW journalists and the like could sink so low.

However I am a bit sick of hearing about it in one shape or form every day.

brownleatherbrogues Fri 15-Jul-11 11:32:09

yes, had enough now

Serenitysutton Fri 15-Jul-11 11:35:27

No I'm not. Don't want it forgotten either.

Bue Fri 15-Jul-11 11:47:09

I think mine is a minority opinion but I'm sick of it and not all that interested. All this "the FBI want to investigate if 9/11 victims' phones were hacked" stuff is getting OTT... er, there is no evidence whatsoever that this is the case.

LineRunner Fri 15-Jul-11 11:47:57

But think of the increased appearances of Huge Grant!

limitedperiodonly Fri 15-Jul-11 11:50:50

YABU.

Doesn't it concern you that MPs were so terrified of what NI and the rest of the papers could do to them that they didn't govern properly?

Not bothered that senior Met officers and possibly those in other forces appear to be incompetent as well as corrupt?

BornInAfrica Fri 15-Jul-11 11:53:13

Agree with Limited - I can't help thinking there's lots more to come out of it and I especially want to know if it's incompetence or corruption, or both, at the heart of the rather lame Police investigation.

I do wonder if the FBI think is a big of bandwaggoning but time will tell.

BornInAfrica Fri 15-Jul-11 11:53:28

Bit ffs - not big. Bit of bandwaggoning.

JellyBeansOnToast Fri 15-Jul-11 11:55:15

What limited said. YABU. This should not be forgotten or ignored. It's one of the most major news stories of this century, and it has implications for so many areas of society, business and public services.

Einsty Fri 15-Jul-11 11:58:42

Isn't it another symptom of what is wrong with the media. Blanket coverage of the same story, until people just want to switch off? Trying to find the most sensational angle on that story, missing important other issues in the meantime? Not saying it doesn't deserve every column inch, but inducing news fatigue won't help people stay focussed on what is important...

Andrewofgg Sat 16-Jul-11 10:56:09

When the media are the news - what do you expect? Of course they will contemplate their navels.

Meanwhile there is a war in Libya, the entire economy of the world may collapse . . . and other such trivia are going on but who cares about them?

catgirl1976 Sat 16-Jul-11 11:19:05

No - am still interested as would like to know how deep the corruption runs. I am confident it is deep enough I will never actually find out, but still. And as LineRunner says- extra Hugh Grant is no bad thing. (I didn't fancy him at all before QT)

Meglet Sat 16-Jul-11 11:24:57

yabu.

FWIW on BBC News 24 they have lots on the East Africa Drought. Libya has gone quiet on the news though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now