Talk

Advanced search

I know im being silly to ask re such a trivial thing ..but.....

(6 Posts)
ilovearnold Fri 15-Jul-11 08:18:17

For the first time i bought a flat screen ..we are quite hard up at the mo- arnt we all ..!! and i bought one on special offer.It is only 19 inch.It looks like a little computer in size really
.My dh thinks its too small and my dcs do too.They think that their friends will laugh at it - they dont really really mind, that but did comment on it.I think that it can be a bit strange having a big tv.aibu to think its not embarsing to have a teeny tv or is there something i dont know?? i guess i didnt think everyone wd react like this - yes we can see the pic.!!also i opened the packaging now !!

FannyFifer Fri 15-Jul-11 08:20:42

But would you not have to sit quite close to see it?
That's the size of my computer monitor.
What size tv did you have previously?

VFVF Fri 15-Jul-11 08:20:59

If you have friends who laugh at you for being hard up and only having a small tv then theyre really not good friends

Aworryingtrend Fri 15-Jul-11 08:21:44

We have a 24 inch and friends/family laughed and said we would be wanting to exchange it for a 32inch before long, but we haven't. Its just the right size for us, like you I can't bare large TVs which dominate a room. However depending on how far away your furniture is from the screen, it may be quite difficult for everyone to see a 19inch?

marriedinwhite Fri 15-Jul-11 08:22:38

I don't think there's anything wrong with little tv's and I rather like them - they're the antidote to chavvy. My parents always make remarks because we aren't bothered about tv and for years rented a 21" screen through sheer inertia. They seem to think we must have a four foot wide screen. I always say when we have a forty foot sitting room, I'll think about a bigger telly.

ilovearnold Fri 15-Jul-11 08:32:27

We live in a victorian house id say that the room is 12 x 12 ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now