Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with cuts to Youth Services

(2 Posts)
snippywoo2 Fri 15-Jul-11 01:45:33

My son aged 15 has helped to run his school Youth Club for the last 4 years. He has given 3 1/2 hours of his free time every Monday and Wednesday helping set it up and run it so the local kids have somewhere to go.
They were told on Monday that due to the cuts in Youth Funding the Youth Club would close down at the end of term leaving the local kids nowhere to go. I suppose this is all part of Camerons big society?

Birdsgottafly Fri 15-Jul-11 02:10:02

Absolutely.

My DD attends a SEN school and two after clubs.

As soon as there was a change in government funding to the school was cut for extra curricular activities, if it wasn't for a local business man stepping in a trip that was planned would have had to have been cut by two days.

One of the clubs cannot offer out of term time provision, anymore.

The other has just closed, the staff have been made redundant, but have been offered the opportunity to run it voluntarly to keep it open.

This is provision for disabled children in very disadvantaged areas, the type of Service User that the Cameron pledged would not be affected.

I expected, though, i lived through the Thatcher years sad.

All they actually do is plunge people into poverty, history showed that there wasn't money saved during the time that the last Tory government was in power.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now