Talk

Advanced search

To Host a Playdate in my Pyjamas?

(12 Posts)
ChocolateIsAFoodGroup Thu 14-Jul-11 22:54:30

When I put the DC down for their naps I put on my PJs and maybe had a little nap myself pottered around the house. My BF and her DS are due in half an hour for a playdate (we live on the West Coast of America; we are not hosting people at the dead of night grin)

Question: AIBU not to change out of my PJs? They are silk flowers and I have teamed them with a cotton lacey dressing gown. Also earrings.

In case you all think I am a slovenly slattern, I will shortly be baking pound cake and icing for us all. I just don't think I can be bothered to change.... (yawn.... DH has been away for three days and I have been SP for my two DC... I am tired!)

So, AIBU?

grin

AgentZigzag Thu 14-Jul-11 23:01:26

I would get changed, it's kind of saying you can't be arsed making the effort for your friend and her DS.

If you can get together dressing gown and earrings how hard is it to chuck on some 'day clothes'?

Slattern!

<<gavel>>

grin

thursday Thu 14-Jul-11 23:02:39

how hard is it to put clothes on? doesnt have to be anything fancy, joggers and a vest would be better than flowery jammies!

ChocolateIsAFoodGroup Thu 14-Jul-11 23:04:04

Cake, though - home made cake, people?

No, still no? Oh well.... might have to find those jeans, then.

(And no cake for you two!!)

AgentZigzag Thu 14-Jul-11 23:05:38

No cake? sad

You wear your PJs, what is it to anyone else anyway? grin

ChocolateIsAFoodGroup Thu 14-Jul-11 23:07:20

OK, off to make cake now, and lick the icing off the bowl get the DC up.

(Small slice of cake to you agentZ... maybe.... grin)

rubyrubyruby Thu 14-Jul-11 23:09:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thursday Thu 14-Jul-11 23:15:48

you can't do both? pfff, no supermum points for you.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Thu 14-Jul-11 23:18:55

Pjs are fine. I wouldn't care if my bf was wearing pjs when I went round & I would feel glad that she was that comfortable with me that she didn't feel she needed to be on show.

spookshowangel Fri 15-Jul-11 08:22:32

i have had friends round when i have been in my pj's it depends on the friends though to be honest.

27tilly Fri 15-Jul-11 08:26:39

My friend come's round on a Wednesday evening at 7pm and I am always in my pj's when she turns up (I'm not a lazy cow who doesn't get dressed, Just like to put my pj's on early!!)

2rebecca Fri 15-Jul-11 08:29:04

Guests are guests even if they are children. Why would you want to get flour and cake stuff all over your pyjamas anyway? I don't like eating in bedclothes.
If you're tired buy a cake rather than not bothering to get dressed. Maybe you should have cancelled if you are tired and feeling ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now