Talk

Advanced search

To consider saying "who the f**K is Alice?" whenever my daughter mentions Alice, her imaginary friend

(22 Posts)
professorsnape Thu 14-Jul-11 20:52:40

This week, lines from my DD, aged 3 and a half, included:

"Alice wants her dinner Mommy. Can she sit beside me?"

"No Alice doesn't want milk, she wants an apple juice."

"Alice want to go on the merry-go-round".

"Sshhh, I'm reading Alice a book now Mommy".

I feel like saying "Who the f* is Alice?", like that song smile

Am I going slightly crazy to be even asking you all this? smile

tifflins Thu 14-Jul-11 20:54:03

grin

penelopethefrog Thu 14-Jul-11 20:54:31

grin

mummynoseynora Thu 14-Jul-11 20:55:12

if it helps ... my dd (4) has an imaginary friend / brother / superhero (depending on her mood)... his name.... Justin FECKING BIEBER

yup

no - she has no idea who he is really, but saw a music video of his once (that bloody baby baby one) and since then he became her boyfriend and now her whateverthefeckhermoodgoes with.... last night he was her friend and he was sleeping over in her bed! shock grin

ChasingSquirrels Thu 14-Jul-11 20:55:12

not unreasonable at all to consider saying it, or even to sing it in your head "Alice, Alice, who the fuck is Alice".
It would probably be a bad move to actually put voice to it though smile

BrokenBananaTantrum Thu 14-Jul-11 20:57:41

grin

mo3d Thu 14-Jul-11 21:00:14

Do you actually have to pour Alice a drink? One that's not for your dd?

I think you're doing great smile. I have no imagination what so ever, so I'm impressed you've managed so far.

Keep smiling grin

herladyship Thu 14-Jul-11 21:02:01

My dd used to have an imaginary friend called ebony! She is 10 now & denies can't remember this grin

Hope Alice isn't causing trouble?! 'Ebony' could sometimes be responsible for undesirable occurrences.... wink

Happydogsaddog Thu 14-Jul-11 21:02:13

Your daughter isn't called Sally is she? Just recalling the lyrics grin

professorsnape Thu 14-Jul-11 21:05:50

I like it happydog but no smile

yes, i do have to feed/pour drinks for imaginary friends, like i don't have enough to do (also have twin DSs) smile

yes herladyship, Alice always spills the drinks you know, never DD ;)

WhoWhoWhoWho Thu 14-Jul-11 21:08:02

YANBU!

I have a relative who's little DD has an imaginary friend - an elephant.

Lots of elephant in the room jokes. grin

Happydogsaddog Thu 14-Jul-11 21:11:06

I remember having a friend called Kelly, but I spent half the time just trying to remember her name - v.confused 3yo. My nan still regales us with the stories now blush

EssentialFattyAcid Thu 14-Jul-11 21:11:14

YABU
Its a game - just play it fgs
Get yer own imaginary friend if it helps wink

aveanothergo Thu 14-Jul-11 21:14:40

I just have to say.... ha ha ha ha ha ...... that is all

Allinabinbag Thu 14-Jul-11 21:19:25

Ah, the days of 'Mr Nobody' and 'Invisible Peter', they got up to some tricks in their times...I loved it.

Mandy2003 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:19:55

Download the song, bleep the "fuck" and play it to her whenever she mentions the little cow grin

oldraver Thu 14-Jul-11 21:24:13

I think my DS's best was

"Piper Mabottom is sitting on the aeroplane wing, Mummy" shall we ask hi to come in"

Cue several very worried looking faces on the other passengers.. we were in mid-flight grin

Ormirian Thu 14-Jul-11 21:25:47

My mantra is 'Never feed the stray children!'. It was developed when we lived in a cul-de-sac where the children roamed in packs and I decided the only line I could draw was at actually giving them food! I reckon it would apply just as well to imaginary children.

Rooble Thu 14-Jul-11 21:28:53

Have nothing helpful to add, except your thread title made me laugh out loud, thank you!

SuePurblybilt Thu 14-Jul-11 21:29:30

I won't say exactly what as it would out me a million times over but DD has an imaginary wild animal friend, who has since got married and had babies of its own. We're a little cramped here grin

Bearcat Thu 14-Jul-11 21:46:54

My imaginary friend was called Chalky, she was as white as chalk. She had spiky hair (think Maggie from the Simpsons) and she used to walk home from infant school with me, just me and her alone (WTF was my mum thinking?)
My brother said he had a friend called David Dogs (he was David himself, so not such a good imagination as me)
When we used to share a bedroom I used to say Chalky is coming to take me to her planet tonight and he'd say David Dogs was coming to get him.
Chalky certainly wasn't around for long, but I sometimes think she was my guardian angel.
Bless her!
I'm 52 now!

LynetteScavo Thu 14-Jul-11 21:57:35

I once had a boyfriend who had an ex called Alice.

He used to go on and on and on about how beautiful and talented and wonderful, etc she was.

I laugh as I remember I'm ashamed to say when I saw a T-shirt with "Who the f*ck is Alice?" on I couldn't resist buying it. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now