Talk

Advanced search

to have not bathed DD in weeks.

(13 Posts)
StrandedBear Thu 14-Jul-11 20:39:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sirzy Thu 14-Jul-11 20:41:02

As long as she is clean it doesnt really matter how you clean her!

whackamole Thu 14-Jul-11 20:42:40

We have just had a shower fitted so my boys (age 2.6) have always had baths. Consequently they hate the shower at the moment!

But your mum is bonkers. How is sitting in a pool of your own filth better than washing it all off? Plus better for your carbon footprint - tell her you're on a meter!

jugglingmug Thu 14-Jul-11 20:43:07

Yes, loon...DC have showers in summer, particularly if they've played outside. When they get out of the bath, and the water's brown, I can't help thinking they are not that clean grin

SleepySuzy Thu 14-Jul-11 20:43:24

As sirzy said.

I think it's fab that you can get her in the shower. Wish mine would.

ihatecbeebies Thu 14-Jul-11 20:43:32

What an odd thing to say, ofcourse she will be clean after going in the shower, no YANBU

crazynanna Thu 14-Jul-11 20:43:41

Soap and water is soap and water,however it is applied smile

littlemisssarcastic Thu 14-Jul-11 20:46:59

DD always has a bath, she freaks out if I go near her with a shower, and because of this, hair washing takes alot of soothing words on my part and hysterics on DD's. sad
I wish I could persuade DD to have a shower, but until then, she'll have to sit in her own filth. blush

trixymalixy Thu 14-Jul-11 21:13:24

YANBU. My DC come in the shower with us too.

They have a bath once a week if they are lucky!!

Valpollicella Thu 14-Jul-11 21:15:47

Gah, wish DS would have a shower. Would make it a hell of a lot quicker getting his sweaty, filthy self clean every evening. YANBU.

Buy a paddling pool and chuck them in it with a few suds of a sat pm.

Bath experience, activity and DM all sorted and complete. Result.

LesserOfTwoWeevils Thu 14-Jul-11 21:27:34

I live in the tropics and very few people even possess a bath here—everyone showers. Often twice a day. I hope your mother never visits, she'd be completely appalled at the filthy population. smile

breatheslowly Thu 14-Jul-11 21:35:10

We've been doing paddling pools instead of baths when it is warm. I do give DD (10mo) a bit of a scrub when she is in there, but never use anything on her other than water. I am hoping to get DD into the shower with me soon as I either have to tie her into a bouncy chair and listen to her whinge or leave her on the bathroom floor with a few toys and she ends up standing at the bath whinging to come in. How young can you get them into the shower with you? I need to be able to be sure that she won't get injured and I will be able to have a shower.

pookamoo Thu 14-Jul-11 21:43:31

DD loves coming in the shower with either me or DH, she rearranges the shampoo bottles, or plays with a couple of toys while she's in there. She is 2.7

breatheslowly DD used to go in from a tiny baby, but obviously you need 2 of you so that one can hand the baby in and out, and you need to make sure the water's not too hot of course. At 10 mo, I would say take her in, she'll love it - she'll just sit on the floor and play with a duck or something while you wash your hair, and it will start to get her used to it!

I'm 35 weeks pg now, and looked down from washing my hair yesterday morning and thought "where's DD gone, I can't see her!" ... then I realised she was sitting at my feet, under the bump, and completely out of my line of sight! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now