Talk

Advanced search

To think the company I have just placed an order is going to give rubbish customer service, just from the wording of this email......

(29 Posts)
bringinghomethebacon Thu 14-Jul-11 20:36:37

Just ordered something off Amazon. Now I am not the most prolific user of Amazon and understand this is a third party seller, but usually you do get some delivery options or ability to leave delivery instructions. Placed my order and got this email........

Dear Mrs bringinghomethebacon,

Just to let you know that we have received your order from Amazon and we will be processing your order shortly. Of course once we despatch your order, we will email you to let you know that its on it's way and to expect it shortly.

Your order contains the following items:

BIKETRAILER-NA-SUSP-RB - Child Kids Bike Trailer Stroller Jogger with Suspension for 1 to 2 Children Seater Red Black

Please Read

You are the winning buyer for the item below. Thank you for your business!

Please note we can only deliver to your registered address and this

Must be manned from 8.00 am to 6.00pm.

We can only deliver to your registered address due to policies

And fraud.

Please make sure you provide us with a contact telephone number to facilitate

Your delivery by the couriers.

Due to the high volume of damaged goods by the couriers, YOU MUST check your

Delivery before signing for it. Should the couriers not let you check your

Delivery, please make sure you sign damaged so you can be covered by the

Couriers insurance. Couriers will not pay out on a claim once you have SIGNED

And accepted the parcel.

We will not be held responsible if you do not follow this email and check

The item and not only the box. Please sign DAMAGED to be on the safe side.

This also applies if the courier driver leaves it with a neighbour because

You were not in. Again we will not be held responsible as we have asked you

To be in at that day. That is what a manned delivery address means.

Telephone lines are for sales only.

NOTE: no faults or complaints will be rectified by phone; please send any

Comments by email [e-mail address removed].

Any rude or abrupt customers on the phone will be treated according to their

Attitude, which means that we may also terminate the call.

Delivery time frames:

1 to 3 working days on small items,

Up to 5 working days on large items and

Europe is 7 to 10 working days.

Thank you for your understanding and for your purchase.

KMS DISTRIBUTIONS LTD

AIBU unreasonable to think that from the wording of their email they must get a hell of a lot of complaints and no smoke without fire? Or have they just been unfortunate with a lot of unreasonable customers trying to claim damaged goods, missing deliveries and abuse on the phone? I have never heard of a company that doesn't do complaints on the phone!

squeakytoy Thu 14-Jul-11 20:38:34

They have probably had callers from hell who expect a parcel to arrive on their doorstep before the despatcher has finished wrapping it...

SuePurblybilt Thu 14-Jul-11 20:39:10

No, they sound unhinged.

whackamole Thu 14-Jul-11 20:40:54

I order from Amazon all the time (has been weekly recently!) and have never had a problem. Always quick delivery as well.

YABU to assume from a standard email that probably every online company uses as a template that something will go wrong.

HOWEVER there are different rules for 3rd party sellers and you are more at risk. (Still fully covered by distance selling rules AFAIK)

WhoAteMySnickers Thu 14-Jul-11 20:42:56

I would cancel the order if I received an email like that.

EffinNell Thu 14-Jul-11 20:43:56

I had a similar confirmation email from an online order and thought the same (Though mine didn't have reference to calls of complaint/terminating calls). However the transaction/delivery went perfectly smoothly. Fingers crossed yours does too.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 14-Jul-11 20:47:29

Sounds very dodgy! If they turn out to be as bad as they sound, please leave feedback on Amazon to warn other buyers...

ashamedandconfused Thu 14-Jul-11 20:52:23

I think its just worded by someone who is not very literate - as may be the case if english was not their first language, or they were a one man firm trying their hand at internet selling.

the stuff they say is not that disimilar to what most vendors say about accepting goods/checking what you sign for/mistakes cannot be rectified later etc - just not very well worded!

bringinghomethebacon Thu 14-Jul-11 20:59:00

Hmmm. It was £20 cheaper than an identical product with a different seller so I am wondering why! The thing is, they tell me that they are going to tell me when it is on its way, and I must then man my delivery address from 8am to 6pm, presumably with only a day or two's notice! Not allowed to ring them No suggestion I may be able to alter the delivery date if that is not convenient. Sounds like they might try to deliver, and if I'm not in the product could disappear and I will get blamed for it or charged for redelivery! I am also happy to give them permission to deliver to one of my neighbours (several of my neighbours would be happy to take parcels in, we all do for each other), and that would then exonerate them from responsibility.

MummyTigger Fri 15-Jul-11 08:43:34

I'd just be thankful that you didn't have the hassle I had ordering from Amazon! At least it's this other company. We were dealing with a company called DPD - and you should read some of the reviews online! Just google DPD Review, and the top link should be Trustpilot. Absolutely shocking service.

They just sound like their covering their arses in case of legality issues...

MsWeatherwax Sat 16-Jul-11 11:44:42

They sound a bit dodgy. I have found though if there is a problem with a third seller that when you raise a dispute with Amazon they will protect you and refund you.

doggiesayswoof Sat 16-Jul-11 11:50:17

Sounds dodgy. I'd probably cancel if I got that email.

What's their feedback like on amazon?

thursday Sat 16-Jul-11 11:52:48

weirdy weird! i've never seen an email like that. the amazon 3rd party thing is irritating.

doggiesayswoof Sat 16-Jul-11 11:56:02

I did get a similar email once (not amazon) with all the stuff about damage - I cancelled the order because they ended up telling me that the item was out of stock, after they'd taken payment from my card.

Energumene Sat 16-Jul-11 11:58:50

I've often seen eBay listings with that kind of spiel and it usually comes down to the seller having had a few people try it on, causing the seller to try and write in Ts and Cs that will protect them from the biggest pisstakers. Just check the feedback and see what other customers are saying: you'll soon see whether they're dodgy or just trying to protect themselves.

BumptiousandBustly Sat 16-Jul-11 12:20:01

This seems very dodgy to me. I run an online business and, while in theory it sounds great to lump all blame/responsibility on to the customer, in practice that is very poor customer service, and we hope that our customers will use us again, which they certainly wouldn't after that!

SardineQueen Sat 16-Jul-11 12:38:51

It doesn't sound promising does it!

What's their feedback like? Have you tried googling them?

i would be very put off by that email.

SardineQueen Sat 16-Jul-11 12:40:04

I have used amazon 3rd party (marketplace) sellers a fair bit and never had a missive like that (although TBH I don't read the emails very thoroughly I just assume everything is OK blush)

ZillionChocolate Sat 16-Jul-11 12:42:41

Looks very unprofessional but I wouldn't cancel if the feedback is good.

PonceyMcPonce Sat 16-Jul-11 12:44:16

I don't see how q courier will wait for you to inspect closely enough to meet their requirements. Def sign ' unexamined' or 'unchecked' at least

Toughasoldboots Sat 16-Jul-11 12:51:49

I would send them an email back and cancel the order- they sound like they would be a nightmare if a fault developed. I would cc to Amazon too.

ShellyBoobs Sat 16-Jul-11 12:53:23

It's not a great email but looks to me as though they have cut and pasted something they also use on Ebay as it mentions 'winning buyer' (?)

They're probably been the victim of piss-takers trying to get refunds, or claiming items never arrived, so they're trying to cover every possible angle.

eurochick Sat 16-Jul-11 15:02:32

Their feedback isn't immaculate but it isn't bad.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/seller/feedback.html?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&isCBA=&orderID=&asin=&marketplaceSeller=0&seller=A16QHM3PHKT0YO&isPopup=

Google tells me they do sell through ebay too, hence the ref to "winning buyer" I guess.

microserf Sat 16-Jul-11 17:30:50

god they sound like nutters. i think every firm has piss takers trying to get cash back, but no one actually sends out emails like this. my couriers usually throw the packet inside and runs off!

jeckadeck Sat 16-Jul-11 17:34:22

It may just be an exercise in arse-covering but it doesn't sound like they have the staff to handle customer service inquiries. So you may be alright but if your item doesn't turn up you probably won't be able to get through to anyone on the phone to moan to -- there will be an automated email system in Bangalore which replies 28 days later to tell you you should have stayed at home all day etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now