Talk

Advanced search

To go to bed at 6pm and leave dh to sort out the kids?

(25 Posts)
iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 18:45:08

I'm beyond tired!

Dh just got in from work and I handed him the baby and came to bed leaving him to sort out the 3 Dc on his own. They are 12,10 and 22 months so the older two don't need much looking after.

Come hell or high water I am not moving from this bed until morning.

Flisspaps Thu 14-Jul-11 18:46:08

YANBU

SkipToTheEnd Thu 14-Jul-11 18:49:44

YABVVVVU

<<no one to hand kids over too emoticon envy>>

iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 18:50:42

Send em round here, my dh will have them

HumperdinkFangboner Thu 14-Jul-11 18:51:26

YANBU.

petitepeach Thu 14-Jul-11 18:52:55

YANBU my idea of heaven! My DP has been away for 3 days, I am counting the minutes until he walks through the door...wink
Its the whole putting to bed thing that can be the final straw for me especially when the 3 year old gets back out of bed its bloody torture...!

Iteotwawki Thu 14-Jul-11 18:54:10

Depends how long his work days are and what he does - and whether he's exhausted too!

Would have thought more reasonable to share care of kids / sorting out and then both have equal downtime. I would be furious if my husband did that to me after a 16h shift, for example.

Rindercella Thu 14-Jul-11 18:55:56

YAprobablyNBU.

Why are you so tired? As you say, the older two boys are old enough so that they don't need much looking after.

How long has your DH been working for (I mean today - how long has his day been)? What has made you so knackered that you need to go to bed by 6pm?

<Skip, I am with you on the <envy> here)

iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 18:56:05

These last few hours do it for me too. I manage fine for 12 hours think I then reach saturation point. From about 5pm im count down the minutes til dh gets home

IroningBoardForSurfBoard Thu 14-Jul-11 18:57:10

YANBU, and i hope he brings you a nice cuppa very shortly

iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 18:58:22

Dh works from 9-5 sat in an office all day.

I'm so tired because I've been up every night for the last week with dd.

We usually share all the childcare but I just need one evening off.

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 14-Jul-11 18:59:54

YANBU. DH has just come home. His dinner is waiting for him, DD has been fed and watered. I am officially off duty for once!

Rindercella Thu 14-Jul-11 19:01:44

Yep, I get you about an evening off.

If it makes you feel better, I am 100% by myself with a nearly 4 year old and a 15 month old. Last night I went to bed at 11pm. DD1 crawled into my bed at midnight and woke me up. DD2 woke at 1am. And decided to party until 5am hmm I couldn't get back to sleep until gone 6am. Then DD2 woke at 7.15am hmm x 2. I then had DD1's best friend for the day (from 8.15am). I am about to put the girls to bed and then I have a mountain of stuff to do.

Have an evening off. And then why not try and have an evening off with DH?

iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 19:39:48

Ah Rinders that's exhausting. I was alone for years with first 2 dc and it's bloody hard work. I really feel for you x

Iteotwawki Thu 14-Jul-11 19:42:52

Ok, 9-5 desk job then you are being completely reasonable smile

Is there a reason why your DH hasn't shared the "up at night" childcare with you? Enjoy your bed!

Yanbu, dd's been going through an 'awkward at bedtime phase'

I ended up really roaring at her last night, she shot up the stairs and didn't appear until morning blush

DP will be on duty come the weekend mefinks

iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 19:44:00

No reason really other than he doesn't wake up and dd always wants me anyway

iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 19:47:11

Sounds like you deserve a night off too apocalypse

Hufflepuzzpig Thu 14-Jul-11 19:47:35

YANBU. My DH sometimes tells me to go to bed that early if I'm that tired.

iMemoo Thu 14-Jul-11 19:50:19

Your Dh sounds lovely Huffle

blackeyedsusan Thu 14-Jul-11 19:54:13

you are being totally utterly completely unreasonable because... ITS NOT FAIR...

<Throws self on floor and has a toddler tantum>

I WANT A NIGHT OFF TOO

<Wails>

apart from that you are not being unreasonable.

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Thu 14-Jul-11 20:07:45

I'm about to snuggle down to sleep too
but only because my alarm is set for 2.30am to leave at 3am and drive down to cornwall grin

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 14-Jul-11 22:24:47

That's a bloody long drive shock

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 14-Jul-11 22:28:30

I think you need to get your 22 month olds sleep issues sorted out. Why has she had you up every night for a week? Can you concentrate on that?

petisa Thu 14-Jul-11 22:31:43

OP yanbu, enjoy envy

Rinders, I take my hat off to you <rifles in pockets looking for medal to pin on Rinders> I have a 10 month old and 3 year old, I have a dp but I've only seen him for a few weeks since last Nov as he has to work in a different country to us atm. However, I have a lot of help and support from my parents, my mum comes to help me every evening. I know I am blessed. But I am on my knees!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now