Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be fucking fucked off with dh??

(405 Posts)
Lollyheart Thu 14-Jul-11 18:26:25

I'm raging inside I'm so fucking angry angry

We have just had our dog brought back by the police because he left the fucking front door open again!!!!!!

And now a poor little boy has had to go to the hospital for a tb jab, the police man said our dog walked over to the pub garden where some kids were playing football, a witness said the kids were all stroking him and playing but one of the boys got a bit rough and started hitting him with a stick, the witness said the boy climbed on his back by this time our dog must of got pissed of and nipped the boy.

I have told dh soooo many times to shut the front door after him when he goes into the garage for something incase our dog gets out as he is over friendly and will go up to people!!

I'm now scared someone will want to come and take our dog away and put him down because of his breed! If I was the boys parent I would report this to the dog warden so I'm guessing they will do that.

Would they bring him back if they thought he was a dangerous dog?? They did say they could tell his was friendly because the landlord at the pub was feeding him and playing with him.

I'm sooo angry about this I can't even look at dh, ahhhhh I've told him so many time about the fucking front door!!!

LadyThumb Thu 14-Jul-11 18:28:16

Is he a breed banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act, then?

catgirl1976 Thu 14-Jul-11 18:29:06

YANBU. Your DH is being an uncaring, irresponsible twonk.

ImperialBlether Thu 14-Jul-11 18:29:20

What breed is he?

When you say a child needed a tetanus jab, do you mean your dog bit him?

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 14-Jul-11 18:29:38

Yanbu. This is absolutely one of those times when it is quite ok to be fucking fucked off with a dh.

Fingers crossed for you all.

Lollyheart Thu 14-Jul-11 18:29:55

No he is a staff.

Lollyheart Thu 14-Jul-11 18:31:24

Yes he bit the boy, only a nip but the policeman said it's not serious.

squeakytoy Thu 14-Jul-11 18:31:55

Poor dog. I hope you have got the names and address of witnesses who saw your dog being tormented, as that will be important.

As for your husband, you are certainly right to be utterly fucked off with him. The one rule in this house is DO NOT let the dog out and do not EVER leave the front door open.

ashamedandconfused Thu 14-Jul-11 18:31:57

a TB jab?? surely you mean tetanus.

I do not belive this is true - no ones DH is that dumb and police do not just bring back a dog that has bitten a child

I'm now scared someone will want to come and take our dog away and put him down because of his breed - what breed?

Flisspaps Thu 14-Jul-11 18:32:08

I'm guessing it's a permitted breed with a bad reputation (staffies, rotties etc)

Anyway.

YANBU. You have a dog, DH should be capable of shutting the door behind him.

Poor you, poor kid (although why he was hitting your dog with a stick I don't know) and poor dog.

I wouldn't have thought the police would have returned the dog if they thought it was likely to do it again though. Hopefully DH will have learned his lesson (and perhaps the child will learn that there is a reason not to play with or hit dogs you don't know)

Flisspaps Thu 14-Jul-11 18:32:38

X-post with OP!

ashamedandconfused Thu 14-Jul-11 18:34:54

sorry x-posts - it appears you are concerned people think the dog is a danger but it is not a dangerous breed as such.

Dh is being a proper pillock then - what does he have to say for himself?
what if the dog caused an RTA?

he needs to be responsible - when you say AGAIN - how many times has this happened? how long was the dog gone?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Thu 14-Jul-11 18:36:06

Build a kennel behind garage; move dh into it, change locks on front door. Problem sorted grin

Don't worry, it sounds as if the landlord and others made it abundantly clear that your dog was not at fault and it's unlikely that he would have been brought back to you if the police had thought otherwise.

If a dog warden does appear on your doorstep explain the situation and ask them to cart your dh off to the pound.

ashamedandconfused Thu 14-Jul-11 18:36:15

Im not too impresed with the witness either - did they try to stop the kids annoying the dog?

Lollyheart Thu 14-Jul-11 18:37:03

I thought tb was tetanus blush he didn't rip the boys arms off, just a nip,sounds like he was warning the boy off

kaid100 Thu 14-Jul-11 18:37:42

Next time he goes to the garage without shutting the door, shut it yourself and bolt it! Don't let him back in until he's been banging on it for about ten minutes, preferably in the rain. I'd like to see him forget again after that.

diddl Thu 14-Jul-11 18:38:56

I´d be bloody angry as well!

We have a gate, front door to a hall & an internal hall door.

ALL left open one morning-husband loading cases into car.

Not sure who left the doors open but dog decided to take himself off on his usual walk.

Fortunately had only crossed our very quiet road & waited for me when he saw me biking up.

All that had to happen was put cases into hall-close internal door-tell people not to open door & let dog out.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Thu 14-Jul-11 18:40:42

It would be diplomatic to visit the hostelry with your dh and his wallet and buy the landlord a drink - make yours a large one and pour dh's pint into the pub's dog bowl.

Lollyheart Thu 14-Jul-11 18:42:16

It's the first time our dog has got out, but dh always leaves the door open. He was gone for about half hour, we was all sat in the garden, we didnt notice he was gone because he normally lays upstairs and I didn't know dh had left the door open.

Dh said he is really sorry and will be more careful in future, it's to late for that now!

InTheNightKitchen Thu 14-Jul-11 18:43:28

'a poor little boy'

Don't you mean, a vicious little boy who got a little bit of what he deserved and hopefully has learnt not to climb on dogs' backs or hit them with sticks?

jugglingmug Thu 14-Jul-11 18:44:19

In fact, if it's not raining open the window and throw a few buckets of water on him. He's got to learn grin

Dog warden could fine you (DH) for dog being out alone. Fingers crossed they choose not to.

Lollyheart Thu 14-Jul-11 18:44:23

I need a large drink but pregnant so cant. smile

Lollyheart Thu 14-Jul-11 18:47:32

I want dh to go round to the house where the boy lives and make sure the boy is ok, but not sure what house he lives at.

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 14-Jul-11 19:04:54

I know its upsetting and I would be too (specially when pg) but I doubt anymore will come of it.

He was hitting the dog with a stick and sitting on it. As it happened in a pub garden I am assuming the kid was with some adults who saw it happen?

You mention witnesses etc. I think the police would have done something by now if they were going to take further action.

I seem to be the only one who bothers to shut the gate. We spent a fortune putting in a new gate and front wall so I could have the door open without worrying about the dogs getting out. The gate only works if its actually shut hmm

quirrelquarrel Thu 14-Jul-11 19:06:49

Poor little boy?

He was hitting your dog with a stick!
I would be spending some time with the dog, he's bound to be confused and scared in all the commotion.

I've been nipped by dogs, my little cousin has (he was two and we were admiring a big Husky when he really grabbed onto his coat and pulled- the dog was scared and put his teeth over his fingers), an injection isn't that bad.

Your DH doesn't have to feel so guilty, but it would be v. nice for you to go round and see if the boy is all right once you find out the house number etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now