Talk

Advanced search

to tell my sister there's an outbreak of ebola in my house?

(4 Posts)
Kladdkaka Thu 14-Jul-11 17:37:11

I live abroad and in the almost 10 years that I've been here not a single member of my family have been out to visit me and only my mum ever rings or contacts me. A few months ago my sister emailed to ask if she and her family could come and visit. Of course I said yes, I was well chuffed that finally someone was coming. She's coming on Monday for 'a few days'. No problem there.

Today I rang my mum for a chat. During the call she mentioned that my sister is already here staying with friends and is going to a concert while she's here. Here's why I'm pissed, the concert is next Tuesday, about 8hrs drive to the north. Her friends live about 8hrs drive to the south. So she's intending to arrive after 10 in the evening and her 'few days' is actually pissing off first thing in the morning. In other words, she's not interested in visiting me, she just wants somewhere free to stay for the night in the middle of her drive.

Am I being unreasonable at this late stage to tell her to get lost and find someone else to take advantage of?

AgentZigzag Thu 14-Jul-11 17:44:43

I probably would, cheeky mare.

Tell her she can stop if she pays the going rate for a 5* hotel in the area (making the presumption that you're a very good hostess and that would be the service she got grin).

skybluepearl Thu 14-Jul-11 18:00:41

can you text her and ask her direct when she is arriving/leaving and say you will organise a few nice day trips while she is in the area to make the most of your special/rare time together.

lay it on thick

Kladdkaka Thu 14-Jul-11 18:02:46

Just done it. Waiting for a reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now