Talk

Advanced search

To worry about not having a bath?

(18 Posts)
Fourleaf Thu 14-Jul-11 14:10:50

We have recently moved to a new flat with no bath. We are bathing DS in a
flexibath, which is brilliant - he likes it more than a normal bath! It says they can be used up to age 4, but I can't imagine a 4 year old in it. We are planning to be here until he is nearly 5, and I am wondering what we will do when he grows out of the flexibath...
Does anyone else live without a bath? Do your DC use the shower?
Or any other ingenious solutions very welcome! TIA smile

Insomnia11 Thu 14-Jul-11 14:19:29

We have a bath but DDs (6 and 2) have been having showers more this summer. DD2 has one with me, DD1 is ok on her own as long as we reach the soap and stuff down for her first.

Insomnia11 Thu 14-Jul-11 14:20:56

We didn't have a shower (but did have a bath) for six months once.

WhatWouldLeoDo Thu 14-Jul-11 14:22:08

We have a bath, but DS (just turned 3) regularly has showers with DH or I. He prefers a shower to a bath now.

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 14-Jul-11 14:25:33

Do you own the flat or rent it? If you own it, how big is the bathroom? I ask because we have a japanese soaking tub (omni bath) in our ensuite, which is only about a metre square, but deep. I adore it. Could be a good option if you have the space, which isn't much more than a normal shower. Let me see if I can find a pic....

aha - found their website with pics and specs on here http://www.omnitub.co.uk/specifications.html

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 14-Jul-11 14:26:23

here as link didn't link

feckwit Thu 14-Jul-11 14:28:25

We had only a shower for almost 2 years and yes, the kids just used it.

Fourleaf Thu 14-Jul-11 14:30:22

Thanks Cantsleep and others - we rent the flat but are thinking of asking for a bath to be fitted if necessary. There is plenty of space. BUT we would probably have to pay. Flat is great in all other ways but am now a bit worried about the no bath thing - but people all over the world cope with no bath right? Thanks feckwit too - good to know it can be done! How old were your DC if you don't mind me asking?

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 14-Jul-11 14:31:07

I love those Japanese baths envy.

My ds didn't mind a shower from age 4 onwards (and looked so hilariously cute in his shower cap).

WhippedCream Thu 14-Jul-11 14:31:12

get him used to the shower asap. make it fun, its actually lot quicker and easier than a bath. my friend had a shower seat for her ds. mine loves either bath or shower.

WhippedCream Thu 14-Jul-11 14:32:13

my ds went in shower from about 2yrs

WaitingForMe Thu 14-Jul-11 15:17:32

Ooh thanks CantSleepWontSleep! I'm about to redo our really tiny bathroom and hate how little space there currently is with a bath, shower, sink and toilet. I'd already planned to put the shower over the bath but this actually sounds like a stylish solution wink

WillowFae Thu 14-Jul-11 16:06:14

My 7 year old is sort of okay with the shower. My 4 year old however hates it. I think she panics about water in her eyes.

katiepotatie Thu 14-Jul-11 16:12:24

my sister hasn't got a bath, and her ds is now 1, she uses flexi bath too, she is just going to get him used to showers. Although he baths at our house every other night these days with myt 2 dc's wink

SpecialFriedRice Thu 14-Jul-11 16:42:02

My DD is 3y 4m and has been having showers for about a year and a half now. She looks so cute standing in the shower trying to wash her hair. Usually for quickness though I take the shower head down and give her a quick hosing, the shampoo her hair and lather up her body, then rinse her down. Whole thing takes 2-3 mins at most.

I do have a bath, but on the rare occasions she has one shes in there for a good 30 min splashing water up the walls etc. So thats why I usually just go with the shower.

Those Japanese baths look awesome envy Me want!

catinboots Thu 14-Jul-11 16:47:54

WillowFae my DS1 used to wear his goggles in the shower because he didn't like water in his eyes!

He thought it was great fun! grin

StrandedBear Thu 14-Jul-11 16:48:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fourleaf Thu 14-Jul-11 18:58:16

Thanks for all the replies - think we will get him used to the shower asap - great to hear those stories - although I do keep thinking there should be another solution... Have even looked into a dog bath blush

Does anyone know how much it costs to have a (basic normal) bath fitted? Shower and most of tiling already there.

Would also love to hear from any other bath free households!
Strandedbear - love the thought of bath crayons smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now