Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that Matthew Wright just said that or do my ears deceive me?

(30 Posts)
LornaGoon Thu 14-Jul-11 11:41:56

Was watching The Wright Show about homebirths a few minutes ago (yes, you're right I should know better). A woman on the phone said something about her hb with her second child was easier and he quipped hilariously that yes he'd heard the second [labour] was easier, 'like a carrott out a tunnel', with the oh-so-funny-never-been-heard before crap implication that once you pop a sprog you've got a chuff like a chuff like a wizard's sleeve.

shock and hmm. Nice for day time tv.

Now I'm willing to think that my decrepit old ears decieved me but he has got form for being a bit of a misogynistic twunt about SAHM, which is a bit dim as that surely must be his target demographic audience.

Anyone else hear what he actually said?

oohjarWhatsit Thu 14-Jul-11 11:47:03

no, he is too trendy wendy for me

knittedbreast Thu 14-Jul-11 11:48:37

hes only saying that cos he has a small dick and hes blaming childbirth for his short comings

MoonGirl1981 Thu 14-Jul-11 11:50:33

Every time that man speaks I cringe.

Can't watch.

Can't look at his face.

No. Just no.

scottishmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 11:51:13

he clearly knows his target audience.indignant housewife.like you
not only have you watched the show, you're now discussing it
kerching.nice heads up for his show

SeymoreButts Thu 14-Jul-11 11:53:24

What knittedbreast said, and it's not true that you end up with a chuff like a wizard's sleeve. In fact, whilst stitching my 2nd degree tear after birth no 2, the doctor commented how difficult it was because "it's very narrow in here isn't it"

<polishes tiny chuff medal>

GypsyMoth Thu 14-Jul-11 11:54:04

knittedbreast just about sums it up for me!!!grin

LornaGoon Thu 14-Jul-11 11:55:29

Good point scottishmummy, well made.

<goes off to read improving feminist literature instead>

DuelingFanjo Thu 14-Jul-11 11:56:40

off topic, a friend of mine recently tagged himself in an album on facebook which also contained several pictures of a drunk Matthew Wright. I thought about mumsnet when I saw them!

spookshowangel Thu 14-Jul-11 12:10:47

i am with tiny chuff up there apparently i have a fabulously tight fanjango and on number 4, so take that mr wright.... on second thoughts i couldnt let him any were near my funjana <shudder emocon>

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Thu 14-Jul-11 12:12:08

It was just a joke by the sounds of it. Don't know why people have to take things like that so seriously! Lighten up!

michelleseashell Thu 14-Jul-11 12:15:07

I know this isn't the point but doesn't it get tighter after birth for a lot of people?

Like me, although I'd rather it hadn't thanks nature you wanker

knittedbreast Thu 14-Jul-11 12:16:20

mines got smaller, but it does feel different.

michelleseashell Thu 14-Jul-11 12:18:48

Different worse different knittedbreast? I'd say mine has regressed in horror to that of a fourteen year old me.

stupefy Thu 14-Jul-11 12:24:29

I quite like MW but haven't watched TWS for months until this morning and I was struck by one thing. MWs nose is growing! He's got a proper old man bulbous nose now. Poor bloke.

I'd rather have a chuff like a wizards sleeve than a nose like an ancient pisshead.

Insomnia11 Thu 14-Jul-11 12:25:23

Well, the doctor had to put the smaller coil in after she couldn't get the bigger one in if that's anything to go by, but then again it does feel a bit different in there after giving birth (though 2nd time had no further effect) and tampons are no longer comfortable as they won't stay put, so make of that what you will.

It's not exactly an echoey tunnel though, that's for sure smile

Insomnia11 Thu 14-Jul-11 12:27:20

And when I had a colposcopy the consultant said my cervix was beautiful. confused

LornaGoon Thu 14-Jul-11 12:29:08

I know its not a major violation against women or anything, and that Matthew Wright is a bit of a dick splash but I just think some of the small stuff leads to the big stuff and if you don't piss and winge about it, it's a step away from condoning it. If something fucks you off then you need to say so.

Scottishmummy: do you think all publicity is good publicity? Not sure Rebecca Brooks would agree with you right now.

<appludes everyones chuff, tiny or otherwise>

scottishmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 12:34:33

think its incongruent to watch mw,then wring hands about the content
all these schlocky programmes need the indignant well i very never response.like one evoked in you. and by talking about mw show yes it raises its profile

scottishmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 12:39:38

you already "condone" mw show by watching it.no one compels you to view it
dont get this moral justification you're making as if you're somehow doing a good deed by watching mw and complaining about it

its a bit arse over elbow
you watch mw so you can complain and make a stand?

Insomnia11 Thu 14-Jul-11 12:42:46

I think he's a twat so I don't watch the show. It's like a tabloid newspaper on TV anyway, not my cup of tea.

LornaGoon Thu 14-Jul-11 13:09:45

I'm not actaully a regular viewer of MW - not that I particulalry need to justify my veiwing habbits. But sometimes I just can't pull the stiff-upper-lip sweep-it-under-the rug attitude to all the low grade misoginistic crap in the mainstream media. Sometimes we all need a bit of a rant. That's what AIBU is (partly) for surely.

Ironically, scottishmummy, you engaging in this thread about 'MW' - somthing you're giving me a telling for - also continues to raise his profile...if someone does a search for MW your 'name' will be on this. <pedant>. I digress. Basically, if you don't register you're protest the same old crap continues. Like moaning about the government withough voting.

scottishmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 13:15:05

unlike you i dont watch mw and then try take moral high ground about watching it. face it you watch mw,got sucked in,and are now desperately searching for a quasi-social scienecc discourse to justify your viewing habits

LornaGoon Thu 14-Jul-11 13:32:17

Quashi-social science? I could 'justify' myself with all sorts of national and international feminist and whatever-else academic papers, but can't be arsed. grin

Scottishmummy, I don't agree with what you say, but I'll defend you're right to say it. (MW can obviously go defend himself....)

scottishmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 13:40:53

salute your indefatigably and moral crusading. you watch mw for all us sisters,to monitor mw misogynist tendencies.gosh so it wasnt idle viewing it was actually a purposeful know the enemy type viewing wow.have a biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now