Talk

Advanced search

People who do that 'competitive busy-ness' thing. AIBU to tell them to get a fucking grip?

(124 Posts)
Reality Thu 14-Jul-11 11:10:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhYouBadBadCrookshanks Thu 14-Jul-11 11:12:38

I think when people say they are busy it is often their minds that are busy and cluttered.
I also think that if people have time to complain about being busy then they arent. Really busy people just put their heads down and get on with it.

Teaandcakeplease Thu 14-Jul-11 11:13:19

I wouldn't be able to resist "I'd love to lend it to you, but you wouldn't have time to watch it would you" grin Or similar from now on.

M0naLisa Thu 14-Jul-11 11:14:18

pisses me off, i think its their way of saying

'hmm oh really, how boring of you'

strandednomore Thu 14-Jul-11 11:14:22

I am far too busy to reply to this post.

GrownUpNow Thu 14-Jul-11 11:15:03

I'm sorry, I am far too busy surfing the internet, playing Angry Birds and eating hula hoops to contribute meaningfully to this thread. grin

ZZZenAgain Thu 14-Jul-11 11:16:30

you are expecting your seventh dc?

I'm naturally lazy. I need my down time

TobyLerone Thu 14-Jul-11 11:18:08

I never see it as people using it as an excuse to say you're boring if you're not as busy as them. If ever I use it it's either because, as OYBBC says, it's my mind that's too busy and cluttered, or because I don't want to watch GWTW/go to a camping exhibition with them/look after their child and I'm trying to be polite about it.

Reality Thu 14-Jul-11 11:19:28

Reality Thu 14-Jul-11 11:20:29

MizzyTizzy Thu 14-Jul-11 11:21:50

Gone with the wind is my favourite film of all and I've watched it looooaaads!

Tbh I always pity the busy people a bit.....I'd hate to be too busy being busy to do fun stuff. wink

YANB at all U. I have friends who do this. They make a huge fuss about how busy they've been and how they never have time to do anyting, yet when I try to press them on what exactly they've been busy doing, they suddenly get all evasive. I have to say I find it quite amusing.

Reality Thu 14-Jul-11 11:23:48

CalmaLlamaDown Thu 14-Jul-11 11:25:35

YABU, you say that you are pretty laid back but your post is uptight and bitter! Are you jealous of BIL family? I only have ONE child aged four but he keeps us pretty busy...

Reality Thu 14-Jul-11 11:26:01

diddl Thu 14-Jul-11 11:26:53

Isn´t it that they´re too boring to do anything so have to prentend that they´re busy?grin

I don´t get it.

Now competetive "how long can I put that job off for"-that I getblush

SleepySuzy Thu 14-Jul-11 11:27:35

I wish I had time to be busy sad

CrapolaDeVille Thu 14-Jul-11 11:27:50

I think a swift...'well I like to think we're so organised that we fit in work and play, otherwise what's the point?' 'Do you need some help getting organised?'

CrapolaDeVille Thu 14-Jul-11 11:29:47

FFS. I have five dcs, a clean and tidy home, cook from scratch always, make my own bread, imagine I can make bunting, and still have dcs in bed by 7.30 and watch shit TV.....not to mention taxiiing the oldest three around to various clubs all week and at the weekend.

fatlazymummy Thu 14-Jul-11 11:30:00

Some people just naturally make hard work of things. Like 'being a parent is the hardest job in the world' or being 'heavily pregnant' instead of just pregnant sort of thing. It's just a mental attitude thing, some people downplay whatever situation they are in and some people make mountains out of molehills, so to speak. Just let them get on with it OP, there's nothing you can do with that type of person IMO.

TotemPole Thu 14-Jul-11 11:30:23

Reality, you're probably more organised, better with time management and prioritising the important stuff.

I'm naturally disorganised, so sometimes when things come up that others take in their stride I feel stressed and over busy.

Reality Thu 14-Jul-11 11:31:48

SnapesOnAPlane Thu 14-Jul-11 11:33:11

Ooh how far along are you now, Reality?
Is that nosy? Will there be a post about me in AIBU later "to tell this nosy bitch to fuck right off for asking how many weeks pregnant I am?"
grin
<ahem>
I think we all adjust to different levels of run-raggedness, when we have more to do we adjust to it and look back and think 'wtf was I whinging about?'

LeQueen Thu 14-Jul-11 11:33:40

Reality Thu 14-Jul-11 11:34:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now