Talk

Advanced search

to expect an answer to my question

(19 Posts)

Its a thread about a thread, but not on MN grin

I asked a direct question about JSA (on a relevant discussion board), and was told to see if I could cancel my resignation as there are no jobs. Well, REALLY?
I dont need patronising thank you, I need an answer to the question which I asked!!

I know they're only trying to help, but ARGHHHH!!!

molepom Wed 13-Jul-11 21:31:05

What's the question? Maybe we could help you.

AgentZigzag Wed 13-Jul-11 21:31:19

I'm a bit confused...but not sure about which bit.

DoMeDon Wed 13-Jul-11 21:32:18

Expectations are the road to misery. Expect away and be disappointed or just accept that some cannot stick to the FUCKING POINT - arrrgggghhh!

AnyFuleKno Wed 13-Jul-11 21:33:07

You can't control the type of responses you get back. Welcome to the Internet. The bar is over here

Ahh, good plan!

I'm on the unpaid bit of my mat leave and have had to hand in my notice as they cant offer me flexible working (plus a list of other reasons anyway). I know I cant claim any money yet if I resigned (I think anyway, is this true? I've never claimed anything before), but do I have to wait until my notice has finished (middle of August) or can I claim now as I'm working zero hours for zero pay?

AF wine sounds like a plan smile

thefirstMrsDeVere Wed 13-Jul-11 21:36:51

I think you will have difficulties getting JSA if you have resigned.

YOu need to check that out first I think.

As far as I know its delayed if you resign (assuming you qualify anyway)?

Luckily it only just occurred to me that I could (possibly) claim JSA anyway, so when me and DH agreed about me resigning we worked out the budget with just his wage [phew]

thefirstMrsDeVere Wed 13-Jul-11 21:57:16

You will get contribution based for 6 mnth if you have paid enough NI.

I dont know how long the delay is though. Years ago it was a long time - about 6mths I seem to remember (dont quote me though!)

sassytoo Wed 13-Jul-11 21:59:07

If the rules haven't change recently, you can only make an appointment to see an advisor to make a claim once your notice period has ended. If you resign you will not be eligilble for JSA for 26 weeks after resigning. I think that is still the case but its been a while since I last looked into it. If you did not have a partner working you might then be eligible for income support.

tethersend Wed 13-Jul-11 22:01:42

Whatever the question, I'm pretty sure the answer is:

Fuctifino.

HTH.

Thanks sassy, I know thats how it would work if I were actually working, but confused as to mat leave, as i'm not earning... confused

sassytoo Wed 13-Jul-11 22:04:02

It doesnt make any difference, they still class you as employed even though you are not earning anything.

ZillionChocolate Wed 13-Jul-11 22:04:07

Why don't you just ask the job centre?

razors Wed 13-Jul-11 22:05:57

Don't resign!! If they can't offer you your position or a viable alternative then let them make you redundant - why are you resigning?

Sassy - Well thats my question answered then smile Thank you!!

Zillion - Cause I only just thought of it and they're not open at 10pm wink

Razors - I already have. And legally all they have to do is offer me my old job (which I cant do) or give me a good reason why flexible working would be refused, which they have (theres a whole other thread about that, but end of the day, theres nothing actually wrong with the reason they've given, so they're in the clear [grr])

KittyBump Wed 13-Jul-11 22:21:30

It isn't a forgone conclusion that your JSA would be delayed. When you make your claim you will be classed as having left your last job voluntarily. You will be asked to fill out some forms with your reasons for leaving. This is then assessed and if the reasons are good enough you would not have a delay on your claim. It is a sliding scale they could assess and delay for 0 weeks, 2 weeks, 26 weeks etc.

thanks kitty, the original thread has now actually been helpful and told me that too (LV compared to Neglect to Avail??) smile

that'll teach me to be a bit more patient grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now