Talk

Advanced search

to be a little bit pleased that for once, I am the smirker and DP the sulker...

(17 Posts)
MissVerinder Wed 13-Jul-11 21:10:36

I contracted out the post holiday ironing, and for some reason it's really rattled his cage.

I, OTOH, am feeling quite smug about it, and now have no ironing to do.

skybluepearl Wed 13-Jul-11 21:24:30

i so want to take a leaf out of your book and hire a cleaner

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 13-Jul-11 21:25:37

Was he looking forward to doing it very much? grin You may have hurt his feelings.

Happymm Wed 13-Jul-11 21:25:55

I booked a company to come and scrub clean my oven today blush

AuntiePickleBottom Wed 13-Jul-11 21:26:42

happymm...i don't blame you.

Nagini Wed 13-Jul-11 21:27:53

he's sulking why exactly?

oldlady grin

Is he an ironing fetishist?

MummyTigger Wed 13-Jul-11 21:28:50

You go girl! smile Brilliant idea - well done. He's just being a git for the sake of it ;)

wicketkeeper Wed 13-Jul-11 21:30:08

OMG, it sounds like you did something without asking him first. Keep it up!!

AllGoodNamesGone Wed 13-Jul-11 21:31:30

Did he not think to contract out the post holiday lawn mow then?!

grin

Pseudo341 Wed 13-Jul-11 21:31:32

Ironing? What's ironing?

Hassled Wed 13-Jul-11 21:32:14

Why has it rattled his cage? Is it a money thing or does he just want to see you slave over a hot iron? Or is ironing his favourite job and you've taken it away <clutching at unlikely scenarios>?

MissVerinder Wed 13-Jul-11 21:53:09

I did it without telling him. A bit like him buying a motorbike without telling me.

He never does the ironing, I think he's just annoyed he can't say anything. Either that or he loves to watch the sweat pour out from under my boobies while I do it and he watches telly.

He he he, I feel like a naughty school girl who just got away with wagging home economics!

I am sooooo getting a cleaner next! Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaaaa.

MissVerinder Wed 13-Jul-11 21:55:51

He did do the lawn mow to be fair, but if he hadn't I would have paid the boy over the road to do it done it myself.

And I paid for it instead of having my hair cut. I'm growing it anyway. To the floor!

HPonEverything Wed 13-Jul-11 22:00:56

YABU to contract out your ironing. I love having a massive pile of ironing to do but never actually doing it.

It gives me something to feel guilty about, because sometimes I run out of reasons and I know I can always rely on a pile of ironing.

Ahhhhhhh.

heleninahandcart Thu 14-Jul-11 01:35:41

YABU because you're meant to contract out and not tell, with any further expectations met with 'you didn't expect me to do it did you?' Even more fun

DandyGilver Thu 14-Jul-11 09:50:24

Our iron is too sacred and holy for me to touch. Likewise the hoover.

I don't mind.

MissVerinder Thu 14-Jul-11 16:35:42

Ooh, Dandy, I am very jealous!

I will remember your quip for next time, Helen, because, believe me; there will be a next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now