Talk

Advanced search

To think this isn't on?

(12 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Wed 13-Jul-11 20:14:30

Twattish Mactwatbags is upto his old tricks again and is pissing me off mightily!

My mum and dad have gone away for the week. My sister (who lives with them, work fulltime, mainly evenings).

They have three dogs. One is being looked after by her ex foster carer, the other by his first owners and the third is my sister's Lurcher, my sister cannot take time off work and there is no-one to look after him, bar me. He has been here for a few hours each night since Monday, just to break his evening up. I walk him or our dogs during this time, but was at work last night, so DH had all four walked and tired dogs, for just that one evening out of the whole 5 days my mum is away, he was expected to help.

He is a 'prisioner in his own home' and I am 'taking the piss' and he is 'not putting up with it again' and the dog 'is not welcome tomorrow'.

Now if my family were the kind of family who did nothing for us, I would understand him being annoyed, but, my mum looks after dd2 from 11:30pm till after 7:30pm every Friday, despite this being her only day off work. She has dd1 from 3:30pm until after 7:30pm every Friday, while I work. They take both dds camping for a week with them for free every year without fail. They are driving us and our dogs to the kennels for free when we go away. My sister is looking after our cat for free when we go away. My sister often steps in at the last minute to babysit so I can work, by last minute I mean "Sis, X had let me down, can you watch the kids I start work in five minutes?", they would look after Whippy while we are away, but they are going away themselves.

So AIBU to think he is taking the piss in daring to complain about dog sitting for a few hours for 5 nights of the fucking year, especially since it is only one of those nights he has had to actually do anything?

<rant over>
<before anyone asks, I haven't got a fucking clue why I am still with him, I am obviously a glutton for punishment>

BelleDameSansMerci Wed 13-Jul-11 20:16:00

YANBU. He's being an arse.

shakey1500 Wed 13-Jul-11 20:17:51

YANBU to do this favour for them considering the amount they do for you as a family. A child free week every year? I'd walk their dogs every day for that favour alone grin

LordOfTheFlies Wed 13-Jul-11 20:21:46

Weeeeellll you did posy yesterday along the lines of 'you were off to work and he was alone with four dogs,will he cope?'

So maybe your DH has read the post and decided he couldn't.

IMHO - YANBU he gets the benefit of your family's help with regard to child/dog/cat help.

Tell him 4 is just as easy as 3 to look after.
If he's got to walk the greyhound it can't be any more effort to walk a lurcher.

(Dons a hard hat and runs. I have no dogs)

DooinMeCleanin Wed 13-Jul-11 20:21:54

incidentally the 'prisoner' has informed he is going out for a pint at 9:30pm, so not much of a prisoner then, eh?

DooinMeCleanin Wed 13-Jul-11 20:23:30

He didn't have to walk any of them LOTF, I walked them all on my break. He never has to walk the dogs or feed them or train them. I accept they are my dogs and I do all that.

TheOldestCat Wed 13-Jul-11 20:24:02

It's an open prison then?

TheOldestCat Wed 13-Jul-11 20:24:37

Oh, YANBU. Your mum sounds ace.

youarekidding Wed 13-Jul-11 20:27:10

YANBU and love his NN grin

Driftwood999 Wed 13-Jul-11 20:31:29

Give him a double entry ledger of favours "in" favours "out". Twat. The balance for all to see. You have my sympathy.

DooinMeCleanin Wed 13-Jul-11 21:59:04

A ledger sounds like a good idea. I might get a housework ledger too grin, or I might just kill him. He reckons the dogs are 'sending him to an early grave' so I think another 5 or 6 should the trick, no? wink

He looks very stressed from his horizontal position on the sofa, it's a wonder he has had a stroke from all the activity he is being forced to do, tbh hmm

DogsBestFriend Wed 13-Jul-11 22:03:17

Yep YANBU. FGS he knows that your dogs are incredibly important to you and that you come as a package, they're part of the family and that so are those of your wider family. Besides, what's an extra one for a few days?

The man's a twerp. <<being very polite about it emoticon>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now