Talk

Advanced search

to ask you lot to choose my curtains (from my shortlist)...because it's doing my head in

(47 Posts)
hatwoman Wed 13-Jul-11 13:37:56

I've got curtain blindness. I have gone from being wildly excited at, for the first time in my adult life, choosing curtains to being sick of it. I no longer "see" them. here is the (current) short list. Now I know internet pics are near useless and that you can't see my sitting room, but they are, at least, equally useless - and i think some gut reactions from you lo will help. I thank you.

akemi in the beige with bits of brown and red

romo cio cio again it's the beige with bits of red

romo seraphine guess which one?

romo mikado

rihana in nut

greta in ruby

lysander in brick

in the main these links are to google-image search results - because quite often you get pictures of the actual curtains, as well as a snip of fabric which gives you a better idea

Aworryingtrend Wed 13-Jul-11 13:51:05

I like the Romo Cio Cio and the Romo Mikado. Do not like the Greta.

Where are they for and what is the rest of the room like?

GiddyPickle Wed 13-Jul-11 14:03:34

Romo cio cio is my favourite one of all the fabrics with red in but personally I wouldn't choose so many colours in a curtain fabric and prefer Rihana nut

hatwoman Wed 13-Jul-11 14:06:06

it's a big sitting/dining room in an old farmhouse. it's got a lovely faded persian rug, and tatty leather sofas. There are beams, stone mullions, and a bit of exposed stone. three big windows - 2 on a long wall, one on the shorter, end wall.

MyMamaToldMe Wed 13-Jul-11 14:09:02

I like Romo Cio Cio and Romo Mikado.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Wed 13-Jul-11 14:25:22

Rihana nut, def not akemi or greta.

QuoththeRaven Wed 13-Jul-11 14:28:52

cio cio x

HowlingBitch Wed 13-Jul-11 14:35:38

Romo seraphine!

hatwoman Wed 13-Jul-11 14:36:52

out of interest what don;t you like about akemi (diffidult question, I know). have you seen this pic here

WowOoo Wed 13-Jul-11 14:40:42

I like the second one cio cio and the greta. And I like some others too. All rather nice actually.

HowlingBitch Wed 13-Jul-11 14:41:17

Oh actually they look quite nice in that picture. Classy.

WowOoo Wed 13-Jul-11 14:41:18

Those akemi ones are lovely.

lovinme Wed 13-Jul-11 14:42:22

I like akemi not really fussed on the others tbh

Mandy2003 Wed 13-Jul-11 14:47:18

Romo Mikado is my favourite, and that's before I saw the description of your room! Would definitely go well.

hatwoman Wed 13-Jul-11 14:47:35

this is the problem - they look SO different made up, and, of course, in your own house. I thought we had chosen (something not listed here) - then someone brought round a huge piece of the stuff and hung it up - looked really really wrong. now I am paralysed by fear. these things aren't going to be cheap - and they are going to stay put for years and years - so I really really need to like them.

MackerelOfFact Wed 13-Jul-11 14:59:27

I liked Romo Cio Cio, Romo Mikado Ash and Lysander Brick.

Akemi is very pretty but I think the bird cage would annoy me after a while, and it's very oriental which I think only looks right in certain settings.

hatwoman Wed 13-Jul-11 21:51:25

any evening opinions?

singledomisgood Wed 13-Jul-11 23:55:07

Hi OP.

Just looking at the links has done MY head in!

Romo mikado is definitely my favourite! Its quite classic but with a twist and I dont think will date, if they are staying up for a long time.

Second favourite is romo cio cio.

The others vary from being old fashioned to looking like they will date quickly.

Good luck!

honeyandsalt Thu 14-Jul-11 00:50:14

Your front room sounds lovely! You might want to order a few samples to check the colours work with the rug. For what it's worth I like the Akemi very much, also the Lysander. So long as the colours are right, don't be scared of making a bold statement imho. I made up some plain beige curtains once and they were AWFUL. Not the fabric quality or anything, just bleh.

Cloudbase Thu 14-Jul-11 01:01:11

Roma Seraphine - gorgeous. Love the Akemi as well, but in blue! (sorry...)

LDNmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 01:08:30

Mikado looks lovely to me.

LDNmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 01:10:27

Ooh I may have to nick it for my living room now grin

microserf Thu 14-Jul-11 07:15:05

seems like we are working to the same colour scheme!

i like the second one, and really don't like the last two. i think all of the others would make lovely curtains.

MumblingRagDoll Thu 14-Jul-11 07:19:24

Lysander Brick is gorgeous....very delicate. I also like the Roma Cio Cio though

Goodynuff Thu 14-Jul-11 07:26:57

Lysander gets my vote, a strong design without being overwhelming, and will 'age' well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now