Talk

Advanced search

to make a cup of tea and then ...

(9 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 13-Jul-11 11:54:24

use it purely for dunking biscuits in e.g. chuck the rest away once I've finished dunking? I've had my fill of tea and coffee this morning but desperately wanted a couple of biscuits, and I cannot abide a biscuit dry.

Are you an unashamed dunker? A closet dipper? Or are you clutching your handbag in horror at the uncouthness of the very idea?

Paschaelina Wed 13-Jul-11 11:55:48

My SIL does this. She hates tea and coffee, but loves a custard cream.

I dunk and drink, and sometimes I have to spoon the bottom of the cup because the biscuit falls apart.

SootySweepandSue Wed 13-Jul-11 12:07:14

This is fine.

A happy alternative would be to melt a few pieces of chocolate bar in the microwave in a small pot and to dip the biscuit in that. There is something silly about melted chocolate IMHO.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 13-Jul-11 12:11:07

Paschaelina, that biscuit detritus is the one downside of dunking as far as I'm concerned. <boak> at the thought.

Sooty, I like your style but these particular biscuits are chocolatey (lovely melty Viennese things in case anyone cares) and I have an issue with hot chocolate and chocolate-based biscuits. Hot chocolate and an oatmeal/raisin type biscuit, on the other hand ...

Paschaelina Wed 13-Jul-11 12:35:10

LadyClarice it's a lovely bonus at the end and what the teaspoon's really for smile

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 13-Jul-11 12:39:14

Oh god, no, I can't handle smushy biscuit dredge!

LittleMissFlustered Wed 13-Jul-11 12:40:49

I've been known to make a brew specifically for the purpose of dunking a couple of digestives in. No shame in itsmile

bubaluchy Wed 13-Jul-11 12:43:40

I'm with you on that one- YANBU! The trouble is, a cup of tea can take a full pack of custard nom nom nom smile

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 13-Jul-11 12:46:21

Excellent news. I'm so glad I'm not BU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now